Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bi Mart 5.56 ammo

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Teamowner, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Teamowner

Teamowner Vancouver, Wa. Member

Anyone seen the 5.56 ammo in the ammo cans on stripper clips that Bi Mart has sold in the past? Been to the one in N.E. Portland and haven't seen it in awhile. Thanks

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Call them. usually gresham one has it.

3. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

I've been to three different stores on the westside, been told its not a regularly stocked item and may or may not be back :(

4. sailorman2010

sailorman2010 Tri-Cities, WA Member

I've been looking for the same thing. I've been to a few bimart's, but all I find is the 300rds of Steel Match or what ever it is.

Did you guys see they had AE .223 on sale, but only 3 boxes per customer? I was talking to the guy at the gun counter and asked if I could get more than 3. He wouldn't budge.

5. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

woodland guns & ammo recently had a few boxes of 500rds of 223 rem for $189, plus tax. it's not the russian crap, either. it's loaded right out of washougal. i was a bit leery of it at first. the uncertainty went away after firing off 60 rounds without any issues.

they also have 250rd boxes of 9mm for $52.99, plus tax. i was just in there on saturday and saw he had a couple boxes left. he was out of 223, though, and put in another order of the same amount as last time.

as for 5.56, he has (or had) 20rd boxes of 55gr pmc x-tac for $8.99 a box.

6. Darknight

Darknight Salem Active Member

I bought 15 boxes of AE .223 from bimart this last Sun. But, I live in Salem and they don't care how many you buy down here. They also have the 5.56 AE as well, but it's more money and I don't care if I shoot .223 or 5.56. If you want something cheaper, but local Tactical ammunition in St. Helens has Bulk 1000 pcs .223 55gr FMJBT "BALL" for $299 and of course you can buy it in 500 pcs for $150. It is reloads, but I have shot their 9mm and .223 brass cased reloads and never had a problem. They also give a LEO and I think a military discount of 5%. I have seen the cans you speak of a few times at the bimart here in salem, but I wasn't interested so I haven't paid much attention to stock.

7. Darknight

Darknight Salem Active Member

5.56, he has (or had) 20rd boxes of 55gr pmc x-tac for $8.99 a box.[/QUOTE]

you can get 5.56 pmc x-tac for around $7/box if you shop around. Last bit of that I bought for $6.50/box. But it was in a 1000 round lot.

8. Cuthbert Allgood

Cuthbert Allgood Clark County, WA Well-Known Member

i get 20rd boxes of that stuff for $7.99 simply because he (the store owner) is willing to cut me a deal. i don't even ask. he just does it. he doesn't do that for just anybody, though. he doesn't go with lame quantity limits, either. you can buy as much ammo as you want.

9. lwilcox28

lwilcox28 SW WA New Member

Walmart is starting to carry the cans of 5.56 Federal 420rds on stripper clips for $169.

10. lincolncity

lincolncity Lincoln City New Member

420 round cans of 5.56 on stripper clips can be found at Lincoln City Sporting Goods. This is the heavy grain bullet. The store's phone number is (541)996-4747.