JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a Silver Chrome and traded it. I finally got another and it's a keeper. I put some Dawson sights on it and did some trigger work. BHP6.JPG BHP5.JPG BHP8.JPG

I had nice wood grips n the other ones. These are Hogue aluminum and they were polished which I thought was a bit much so I cerakoted them. I got these cheap and would like some fancy wood grips.

I has one. Only gun ive regreted getting rid of. I want to find (when I have the money) an older made in Belgium model. Then send it to cylinder and slide and have them work it over.

I has one. Only gun ive regreted getting rid of. I want to find (when I have the money) an older made in Belgium model. Then send it to cylinder and slide and have them work it over.
I removed the magazine disconnect, installed a lighter spring in the transfer bar and gently stoned the sear and hooks. The trigger is now 1911 quality.

Anyone find out a way to not get bit by the hammer?

I guess I am lucky because I've never had that problem. What about installing a ring hammer? Does it happen with those too?

My hands are extremely medium, and I didn't feel I was in any danger when I shot a rough old Series T (with the ring hammer). At the time, I assumed they all came that way, but I guess Series C and newer HPs all have the spur hammer. Maybe that protruding "claw" reaches further back than the ring does when it cocks? I don't know, I've never compared. I just like the way the ring hammer looks so I'll transplant one into whatever I end up with.

So with all that said, I'm looking for a BHP of my own, or even one of those Hungarian FEG clones. Not concerned with matching serial numbers, country of manufacture, etc. I just want a daily shooter, not a pretty safe queen. Please lemme know if you guys and gals see anything like that. Thanks in advance!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top