JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a stock FN and love it, but I'm not going going to that dam photobucket just to post a pic of it. I wish they would come up with a way to post pic from my computer. I also have a .22LR kit and it's great.

No pics of mine. Just simple, black parkerized 1985 model. Rubberized plastic factory grips, have a set of checkered wood OE grips from an earlier model, but they don't look right on it. Even the bolt is parkerized. HD Wolf spring kit, suitable for +P+. Accurate as all h***. Supposedly was originally LE or military issue.
3 mags, stuffed with PowerMax +P+ 115 speer GDs @ 1400fps.

Having had a gun like this for 15 years, with regular practice, leaves one with a very secure feeling! Has never EVER failed.
Thank you John Moses.

Recently found and bought a near-new GB Comp, 5.5 inch barrel, dead stock, from 1981. Must have had a trigger job at one point, or else for the Competition model they "fixed" them... it is butter smooth, NO catch at all, very light pull... I'm sure its somewhere under two pounds. Haven't had the chance to get it out, even in my own backyard, as I've just recently had a shoulder repair surgery and things are a bit tender just now.... should be coming round soon, though.

I see someone mentioned using +p ammo in these, and I was wondering about that.... of course, mine was before guns started being "rated" to handle the extra load of the +p rounds, so it isn't marked... none were back then. So, I gather the mechanism and barrel will handle the higher pressures... I rather expected they would.

I had, a bit earlier, found and bought a BHP in nickel, standard length barrel, and it came with three extra nickel mags, a Bianchi OWB holster perfectly boned for the HP, and an off-side mag pouch. I needed to sell that one to make up for a cash shortfall (some extra expenses came in right when the surgery was scheduled.... it had to go) but I kept the leather and extra mags. The GB Comp fits the Bianchi as all as the nickel one did..... CPL is on the way, and I do plan to carry the Comp... sure, the barrel is a bit longer, but the gun is NOT unwieldy at all, and it still fits the holster perfectly. I see no problem carrying the Comp......CC or open.

One more question.... what are some of you using for a defense/protection round in these? I want some stopping power, would likely prefer a +P round, something in a JHP.; I'm told the Comp models will group very respectably at 100 yards, perhaps do even better with +P ammo.. shoots flatter? Takes better advantage of the longer barrel?

Oh, and I DO have a Kimber 1911 in .45..... but rather think I'll be more likely to actually carry the BHP.

I use Double Tap +P 124gr Bonded
Ballistics : 124gr @ 1310fps / 473ft. lbs.

As a note I limit the firing of +P ammo in my hi powers to a minimum. Bottom line is unless you have a newer mrk III version they where just not designed for it.

My HP 9mm MK III and back up a 38 spl diet ;)

IMG_4366.jpg

Hey Andy,

I would have never guessed you were a BHP connoisseur!

I have an older Belgian 9mm FN. It's been professionally re-blued with 50 lpi checkering under the trigger guard and on the backstrap. It has a nice clean trigger pull and also sports gorgeous rosewood grips. And it shoots a nice tight group as well! It's my wife's favorite gun.

Bye-the-way, I love my G2! Just recently, I took it to out to the action range at TCGC. Honest-to-God's truth, I punched out a 2 inch hole dead center of the A-zone at around 10 yards! Awesome gun Andy! Thanks again! :s0155:

Dave

Capdek, some of us have reached the age where initials have been lost in a sea of brain dead mud. What is a G2 and TCGC? Please be so kind as to elaborate for a person living on the other side of the Columbia River so we can pass this on.....Spad

Capdek, some of us have reached the age where initials have been lost in a sea of brain dead mud. What is a G2 and TCGC? Please be so kind as to elaborate for a person living on the other side of the Columbia River so we can pass this on.....Spad

Sorry Spad :D. The G2 is a gorgeous custom 1911 commander that I bought from Andy a while back. And TCGC stands for Tri-County Gun Club - a club in Sherwood, OR that I'm a member of. And, as it turns out, my BHP is a Browning made in Belgium. Here's a pic of my BHP and a pic of the G2 I bought from Andy.

BrowningHighPower.jpg

nRCXej.jpg

Thanks capdek, beautiful Custom Commander. I have a Colt Nickel Combat Commander series 70 I used to carry. Love that HP, I have an FNHP that is really a fine shooter. The pictures are really nice. Appreciate the G2 explanation and the pics. Bill

KBI FEG pjk-9hp Hi-Power clone. My dad gave it to me as a bday present 10-15 years ago. Great shooter. Points great and eats any ammo i feed it(cheapo factory loads or handloads). It came with cheapo black plastic grips that I replaced with wood. I especially like that because it is a relatively cheap gun, I don't feel bad shooting it often. I have thousands of rounds through this gun over the years. I don't carry it--it's just too big and heavy. Right now carry piece is a 63 EG Makarov, although taxes will bring me a sr9c...

fwg-hp.jpg

DSCF5129.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews