Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

BGC,has anyone had to wait out the 3 days

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Scvette, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Scvette

Scvette Olympia Active Member

I don't know why,but every time I buy a weapon I get delayed,well almost,the last time the computer tried 23 times,the counter guy said it will probably come back as a delay,it didn't,the 24th came back a proceed. So I go to get 2 stripped lowers on Friday and get the delay again,so I go in today and they try again and Again get the delay,but since its been over 3 days they go ahead and give me my 2 lowers. What's the deal on this,anyone have a idea?

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Your name must be close or the same as someone why shouldn't have a weapon. Get your NICS ID number and that should stop it. I also always give my SS#, that along with a pretty much one off name works every time for me!

3. Scvette

I'm going to look into doing that.

4. gearhead

gearhead NC Active Member

I used to get delayed from time to time (now I just take my UPIN). There was no discernible pattern to it, so I'm conviced that a roulette wheel of sorts may be a key variable in the equation. It is inconvenient at a minimum, and a downright pain in the arse if you live any distance from your FFL.

5. Scvette

Do you have to get a denial before you can get a upin?

6. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

UPIN, scary enough for taking them away in the future. Universal Personal Identifier Number, is what they were called when I worked in a hospital.

Brutus out.

7. gearhead

gearhead NC Active Member

8. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

Longest I've had to wait was 2-3 days, it seems to be a function of 'when' they make the call, later in the day, about ~ 30 mins before the store closes (typically around 5:30 pm), seems to have the best chance for you to walk out with your new toy, but this is only based on observation and personal experience :)

9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Fortunately, I have only had to wait around for the OSP to actually answer the phone during heavy volume times. Once the OSP actually answered the phone, have my info submitted, I'm on my way with my new kit.

So to answer your question... No

10. gcban

gcban Tukwila, WA Active Member

You don’t have to wait for a denial to get a UPIN. I got one after getting denied a few years ago. Same name as some yahoo with criminal history. Before that I never got delayed. With my UPIN I was delayed once for 48 hours or so. I have used it about 8 times since getting it.

If you’re getting constant delays like I was (which are a pain in the rear because you have to make an extra trip back to pick up your purchase) just get a UPIN. Go to the NICS website and find the instructions there. Good luck! -G

11. HuckFin

HuckFin mt rainier Active Member

I get delayed every time, plus for the last 3 years NICS doesn't even call back, no matter how long the delay. I called the BATF to ask why and was told "We don't know what the problem is so we can't call back". I don't feel I should be delayed in the first place if they can't figure it out. I have a CWP. I haven't got a UPIN because I don't trust how they handle my records.

12. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

I've never been delayed. I have had a TS clearance while in service, have a CPL, a C&R FFL, been a Federal employee and am a disabled vet....(I included all that because some of those things are said to be a cause for delays). But, I don't have a common name, and always include my SSAN on the form. (I figure Uncle Sugar has had it all since 74 anyway)