JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That would be good fun but I'd probably be going about a quarter of the speed, after almost taking a plunge into the wilson river at Browns camp I gave up trail riding. Still had some good times but man it's a workout and a half, the fun part is if you crash or get tired TFB cause the only way you're getting back to base is on two wheels or two legs pick one.:)

Couldn't get to the end. My neck started hurting and I bit my lip!

And Hell, I used to do that sorta' thing down hill, AND up-hill, cause I had 350 CCs hanging under me! HA!

For some reason parkour and down hill bikes are the funniest things for me when they have an especially nasty spill.

It's culling the stupid millinials since there is no war to join right now...

BTW - I didn't watch the whole video because of the thread title and I have a hard time keeping the protein shake in the AM from making me a bit sick so if my comments were insensitive, that's why.

Haha, people think it's easy! Let me tell you, downhill mountain biking is insanely anaerobic. Those guys are super athletes. It's like when people say race car drivers just sit in a car and turn a wheel.

First off......kiss . my .azz
He's breathing hard from mental strain not so much physical strain. If your heart is beating 10k per minute you're gunna breath hard
One false move and your heart could stop,no thanks.

Great post rdb.

Awesome footage. That guy's a monster athlete. And of course he was out of breath!

As an amateur/hobby level MTB trail rider (totally average/mortal, staying within a foot of the ground) I've ridden down Mammoth Mt. off the ski lift. While gravity provides most propulsion, there's plenty of pedaling to get feet and legs positioned favorably for turns, obstacles, lips, drop-offs, etc. Shifting, too, it's not all done at 20-50mph like in the vid.

There's very little, if any, sitting, even for a moment, For rapid/technical descent, I lower the seat 2-3 inches from my climbing height, and use my thighs against it when I can for stability. The legs become total shock absorbers, jackhammering non-stop for the whole trip down. Trust me, that works the lungs.

Hands, wrists and arms, too, from maneuvering, absorbing bumps, holding on and squeezing brakes with just a couple fingers. Even without spilling, pretty much everything is sore the next day.

Believe me, even on the tame downhill (non-pro, non-jump) trails that I've cautiously worked my way down, a long descent, especially in thinner mountain air, is a serious gasping physical workout. One minute of the exertion that guy was putting out would've left me puking out both ears (not to mention bleeding from multiple compound fractures).

Last Edited:
I use to ride. Cross country type. I haven't rode since one of my riding partners died of a massive heart attack, at 39!! I miss him a LOT. We use to go on excursions on a whim. Just prior to him passing, we were talking about getting into the ride more. We enjoyed the type of riding similar to trials (motorcycle) riders. About five months prior to my friend passing, I bought a cheaper ($1200.00) TREK ST120 full suspension to kick things off to see how hard core I wanted to go.

Now, and since my friends passing, my bike (all original) has hung on padded hooks in my garage, where the spiders are touring.

Not saying I would have ever went as far as the downhill gang, but who knows. Mountain biking is a kick if you ride the right places.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top