JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Without naming anyone, I have strong suspicions about the source of this misery.

A couple weeks ago I was in a particular LGS that had on-site personnel with a particular political action petition I supported, ready and available.

Since I live rural and don't see these often, I reviewed the petition and it seemed in order. I signed. Haven't done such in similar circumstances for over 30 years.

This may have been mistake. My email has been deluged, within days, with a large and increasing load of what I regard as spam/junk/propaganda/request for financial support/ from the extreme opposite of my personal opinion spectrum.

Some of these sites I consider outright lies and misinformation.

Despite the efforts to 'unsubscribe' the flow increased. Out of town for 5 days, my in-box held nearly 80 of these.

I am reviewing my spam/junk mail filters. Certainly I will not sign another petition, as I believe that particular moment triggered the cascade of unsolicited junk.

While possible, very unlikely is that someone I know was in some way upset or mischievous.

Beware your own actions.:cool:

Interesting, Never had that from petitions. But I hear what you're saying.. I too have found that all the places that simply ask for an email or phone number will spam the hell out of you down the road. Its would seem ALL of them sell our information to other parties. Ive learned the hard way twice. Once with ema and once with my phone.
Its the main reason why I dont give my email or phone number to businesses that aren't directly related to my bills.
(Pge, truck, Nwn, garbage..etc)

I never sign up for rewards programs, I never "text in" for contests..etc.. All that stuff causes spam emails and sales calls. No thanks.

The same happened to me Hop Sing. Now I'm going through a ton of junk e-mails too, "unsubcribing" from each one,,
what a pain in the arse !

I must have about 20 different spam type things popping up now. Same as with a place that I've bought freeze dried food from, I got a bunch of prepper related stuff after that one also. Not all bad though, I Did get some good info and ideas from some places by watching there videos sections on some of there sites, but most just have there hand out for some $$$ or want to sell ya a book or something.

Oh well, just the normal thing nowadays I guess.

"Unsubscribing" generally doesn't do squat - unless you count verifying that your account is actually live and encouraging them to distribute it even more as accomplishing something.

The best way to handle unwanted email is to utilize your spam filter repeatedly until it "learns" what to block and automatically send to the trash without bothering you. This can take a while so persistence is necessary.

I hate spam... :mad:

I've been trying to get the Lying Bonamici "B" (and I don't mean babe) out of my mail box without success for two years now!
That's what you get for giving them what they asked for, and telling them what you think!
Politically speaking, the only real way to be optimistic is to burry your head in the sand because reality will burn your eyes out and fry your brain trying to embrace it.
Sorry there;:s0126:

Oh Krap, 41 I thought you'd be interested in those items so I added your info........I got a new pen and pencil set! :D

Ditto, with all the above! Modern times really suck for those of us with some remaining semblance of a desire for a little privacy! :mad:

Last Edited:
guess that was the clue I missed, it asked for it IIRC...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
BadLuckAtThinking.jpg

All things considered I think you should be profoundly thankful the form didn't ask for your credit card number, social security number and your PIN.

every time I sign one of those white house or other petitions, I get spammed like crazy. so I use an e-mail account specifically for that :)
That's probably the best idea. I've also discovered that job search sites can be pretty crappy too. They sell your info to so many people, it's hard to keep up. I end up just sending them to spam, in fact, feel lucky that I'm down to 30 or 40 spam emails a day.

What really ticks me off is the student loan people calling 3 or 4 times a day trying to get you to give up personal information or say yes to them so they can record you.

All things considered I think you should be profoundly thankful the form didn't ask for your credit card number, social security number and your PIN.

That's OK AuNatural.....maybe next time someone will use YOUR data on such list....:eek::oops:o_O
I'm ambivalent about taking the rap for actually putting my own email on such list, it would be out of character. For point of reference, I've considered ~maybe~....yet who here has actually seen petition with such a requirement?

As it related to our Gov. Brown, perhaps my due diligence failed, perhaps I actually didn't list it....I'll know who to ask next time though should any help or clarification be needed.

I just sign it or sign up for a giveaway and then mark the account as spam or block it. Then when the time comes for the giveaway winner to be announced, I unblock them. See if you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.

I learned my lesson the hard way many years ago at the Sportman's show at the Expo. Signed up to win some drawings for some cool stuff. They asked for my info to contact me in the event I won.
Spammed with emails and phone calls. I will never do that again.
When I go to the shows now and see all those people signing up for the free drawings, I just shake my head and think, you are going to regret this.

My email gets spammed daily. I receive probably 40-50 emails everyday from Best Buy, Bladeplay, Midway, PSA...etc.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews