JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With in the law? As it applies to who? What a joke, get your blinders off. Laws are being mocked and subverted daily from the White House on down to my town. Good luck with playing by Marcus of Queensberry rules in a street fight!

I think some you boys confuse politics with religion sometimes.

Bible - can't change.
US Constitution - totally can change that.

You apparently read the Bible in the original Hebrew and Aramaic. For those who don't, some versions are Greek, Latin, KJV, NRV, and RSV, the last three being English translations. (There was also an English version before KJV, but I forget its name. Written in middle English (Chaucer), hard to understand.) Then there also versions in various languages. Each has changes to accommodate language idiosyncrasies.

I get your point, but we're not talking about CHANGES - the 10 Commandments are still the 10 Commandments in each version - the difference is in syntax, not content.

You can legally and constitutionally change the content of the Constitution.

I think some here are Middle Left and liberal on the Social Issues and thus the friend of our enemies on Religion :eek:& the Constitution .

I'm a small-business owning, liberal, pro-gun, Christian... somehow the spacetime continuum, and the fabric of America, remains intact!

You really can have it all. God bless America.

I'm a small-business owning, liberal, pro-gun, Christian... somehow the spacetime continuum, and the fabric of America, remains intact!

You really can have it all. God bless America.
We can't have progressives trying to convince us pedophiles are just practitioners of another "Alternative Lifestyle" , its gotta have Black & White right & wrong somewhere sometime ...

We can't have progressives trying to convince us pedophiles are just practitioners of another "Alternative Lifestyle" , its gotta have Black & White right & wrong somewhere sometime ...

When you deliberately confuse fringe opinions as representing the whole of your opponent (as you define him), you can't possibly hope to understand him or work with him.

Shall I start posting opinions from neo-nazi anarchist groups and claiming they represent you just because they identify themselves "right of center?"

I think from what the original post said the concern is that yes they can change the constitution but in today's world that change would not be good for Americans. What changes do you promote as good for all Americans since you want the constitution thrown out and liberal laws put in?

interesting debate...

its my understanding that the constitution has always been able to be amended, like it or not there are reasons for that. Alcohol prohibition is an example.

its my understanding that its really really difficult to amend the constitution, like it or not there are good reasons for that.

Its also worth noting that even if the constitution was written as an absolute/can never be changed.... that if enough people (presumably evil...) fought it could be torn down if they won. The point is, nothing is permanent even if you think it is.

I think what I'm seeing here in this debate is that yes it can be changed but that we should be working on keeping it as it is. ?

I think what I'm seeing here in this debate is that yes it can be changed but that we should be working on keeping it as it is. ?

Unless the People decide it needs changing. Then you'll have a minority who disagrees, and there will be strife... but change happens. Folks like me just want to make sure that change happens intelligently.

Unless the People decide it needs changing. Then you'll have a minority who disagrees, and there will be strife... but change happens. Folks like me just want to make sure that change happens intelligently.

Funny, look at our world today and realize that the majority that run it are college educated. Trillions in debt, divided by race and gender politics and 93 million who want to work and can't find a job. Can't say anything intelligent is coming out of Washington so I certainly don't want them messing with my rights.

I don't know, man.. the world isn't perfect, but me and mine are doing OK. I bet you'd be a lot happier with the way things are if you turned off your TV.

there is a saying.... "change is inevitable, if you fear change then leave yours with me"

I think for some people change is a large pill to swallow but reality is it cant be stopped.

I don't know, man.. the world isn't perfect, but me and mine are doing OK. I bet you'd be a lot happier with the way things are if you turned off your TV.

:D Maybe you are right, life might be better being uninformed. Deal is then you are letting others run it for you.

Edited to add, no I just can't live like an ostrich with my head in the sand, there are people I care about.

Last Edited:
Sounds like he is ok with "Intelligent" Firearms Restrictions , and the freedom to keep Fundy Christian Right Wingers outta peoples bedrooms is being pushed by NAMBLA types just as much as it is the LGBT community , they are on the same page ...

"Intelligent"? Like to see something the educated haven't screwed up in our world.:D God help us they start messing with the constitution.o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top