JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I became the proud owner of a Glock 41 brand new from Emerald Valley Armory. My son bought the other new one in stock. A friend shot mine and had to have one. Emerald Valley Armory didn't have one so he bought his from Pro Gun in Springfield. He took it out and the first round spent cartridge hit his sister in the face! They tried several more and everyone ejected straight back. He called me and we shot mine some more and noticed that they were ejecting all over the place including right back into my face. We gave the guns back to Emerald Valley Armory who after having to explain to the Glock USA guy that he shot the gun and it did indeed shoot the shooter. Now I am informed that I have to foot the bill to ship this piece of crap back to the MFG and wait 6 weeks to get it back! Anyone looking for a slightly used Glock 41?

My Ruger SR9 ejects towards my face with certain ammo. Maybe try different ammo?

Herter's nylon jacketed aluminum cased is what likes to hit my face btw.:mad: Had to shoot up 3 boxes I had bought.

Last Edited:
Some new Glocks experience this problem, after 100 rnds it usually will clear up. If not replacing the extractor and or ejector will fix the problem, both easy to replace.
I don't know your hand gun experience, but limp wristing will cause this problem too.

Maybe shoot it with your most fierce war face to scare the brass in the direction you want it to go... it's ONLY 380 after all. ;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
Glock 41 is a .45, so even your fiercest face won't scare it. :) And my Glock 19 ejected all over the place with 115 gr ammo only. Every 5th shot would nail you right in the forehead. This did clear up after a couple hundred rounds.

Glock 41 is a .45, so even your fiercest face won't scare it. :) And my Glock 19 ejected all over the place with 115 gr ammo only. Every 5th shot would nail you right in the forehead. This did clear up after a couple hundred rounds.

DOH!!! I was one Glock away in my thinking (my bad) :p.... I quit counting after the Glock-30 (my beloved EDC)

Some new Glocks experience this problem, after 100 rnds it usually will clear up. If not replacing the extractor and or ejector will fix the problem, both easy to replace.
I don't know your hand gun experience, but limp wristing will cause this problem too.
We shot quite a few rounds through my gun. At least 2 boxes factory and the dreaded handloads and the problem still existed. The dealer ( an ex Marine and a Glock Armorer) shot the gun and it did the same to him. That is an interesting review of Glock handguns. You say I may have to dodge a few hundred empties like its no big deal. To me that's like saying " Your new Chevy Malibu may want to slam into oncoming traffic for the first couple of hundred miles but it should get better" This is a personal defense weapon for crying out loud! It should work right out of the box and I damned sure shouldn't have to replace parts or pay shipping or fork over cash for anything!!!! I am so not a Glock guy!

We shot quite a few rounds through my gun. At least 2 boxes factory and the dreaded handloads and the problem still existed. The dealer ( an ex Marine and a Glock Armorer) shot the gun and it did the same to him. That is an interesting review of Glock handguns. You say I may have to dodge a few hundred empties like its no big deal. To me that's like saying " Your new Chevy Malibu may want to slam into oncoming traffic for the first couple of hundred miles but it should get better" This is a personal defense weapon for crying out loud!

You bought a long-slide competition handgun for a carry weapon?

Trade?
Glock 36 Slim .45 w 2 mags, 2 pinkie extensions. A Remora IWB holster.
This gun is suitable to be carried.
Only 10 round through it.
Wow! We sure have an ample supply of smart asses don't we? Never said carry weapon. I said personal defense as any handgun fills that bill. I own all 3 Springfield XDMs and none of them attack me. I have an early Springfield V10 1911 and a Range Officer. None of those do either. My warning was an honest heads up. 2 out of 3 41s that I know of do this. Maybe Makarov should stick to building ladies guns. As I said it's up for grabs as soon as I get it back from Glock

I have a 42 and a 19 and neither one give me grief. To be perfectly honest it may happen here or there but I never notice where the spent casings go until its time to clean up. My wife does get a .380 casing back at her once in a while and lets me know EVERY TIME it happens but I attribute it to her experience level. Sorry about your new G41. A hot .45 case to the face would bother anybody here I'm sure.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top