JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not the one who made the claim, so how about you do your own research? Clearly it would be unlawful for a felon to possess a firearm. But show me where in the law such felon would loose the right to self defense, which is what was claimed.
I am not saying they have no right to defend themselves. If it was up to me they would be easily able to own a gun again but, I am not in charge. Another poster gave a link that does make it look like someone who can't have a gun could pick one up like taking it from someone trying to shoot them, and use it as long as they promptly dropped it.
Now again you keep changing the wording here, I have to guess to argue just to argue.:s0092:
No one I have seen say a felon can't defend themselves by some other means than a gun. Again if it was up to me? Anyone who was "safe" to let out in public would have all the same rights I do. Again though few care what I think :s0092:

I am not saying they have no right to defend themselves. If it was up to me they would be easily able to own a gun again but, I am not in charge. Another poster gave a link that does make it look like someone who can't have a gun could pick one up like taking it from someone trying to shoot them, and use it as long as they promptly dropped it.
Now again you keep changing the wording here, I have to guess to argue just to argue.:s0092:
No one I have seen say a felon can't defend themselves by some other means than a gun. Again if it was up to me? Anyone who was "safe" to let out in public would have all the same rights I do. Again though few care what I think :s0092:
Alexx the problem with RX-79G's post is that it was overbroad because one does not loose the right to self defense unless they loose one of the 4 or 5 elements of self defense and mere possession of a firearm by a felon does not defeat any of the elements of self defense. That is why I challenged it. Oh yes, I like to argue, comes with being an attorney! But we are now on the same page. I do care what you think and thank you for participating in the discussion. Hopefully, all who follow this thread are now more informed

Now that was interesting. "Sounds" like they are saying if some scum comes at a felon with a gun, and felon can get the gun from them and shoot them, then promptly drop the gun? Guess they "may" be able to get away with it. I guess if someone is not allowed to have a gun it would be good to keep one at hand they could not be proven to be theirs. Then if they have to use it just maintain the dobad brought the gun to the fight not them.
Spouse of felon can be in possession and the felon can use their gun. It's not that complicated.

All of this is just stupid conjecture anyway because the people who actually care to follow the meaningless law aren't comparatively an issue when juxtaposed to those who willfully disregard the law.

Spouse of felon can be in possession and the felon can use their gun. It's not that complicated.

All of this is just stupid conjecture anyway because the people who actually care to follow the meaningless law aren't comparatively an issue when juxtaposed to those who willfully disregard the law.
Yep the people who seem so all in on no felons having guns seem to completely ignore the high crime areas where the same felons are caught with guns over and over again. 🤬
I remember one of the Watergate gang, Liddy I think? Used to do talk shows. He made a comment that being a felon he was no longer allowed to own a gun but that his wife could. He joked that some of her guns happen to be on his side of the bed. I remember at the time some lawyer types saying that according to the Feds this was not how it worked, that they could charge the felon for having possession of the gun even if it was his wife's. Don't know for sure, not being a lawyer and not having stayed at a Holiday Inn and all. :D
Whole damn thing has long seemed stupid to me. I have always been real big on personal responsibility. In that if they feel someone should be free they should be free. If they chose to screw up again then they should be dealt with. Not punish everyone else. Few seem to share my view on this though so its moot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top