JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the homeless drug addicts out there and our libral government letting them do what they want I don't play games with these people when I go to Safeway or 7/11 and someone is sitting out front begging I just tell them get the F@#$& away from me I don't let them get close to me

A strange thing happened to me a few months ago and thought I'd pass it along. I was driving west on 84 toward Portland. I had the dogs with me so thought I'd pull off at Dalton Point (by Rooster Rock-Multnomah Falls) for a brief stop. Dalton Point is basically a boat launch and parking lot with a few picnic tables and bathroom. Once you pull into the parking lot you can't be seen from the highway. As I turned into the parking lot I noticed an older SUV and a man standing next to it talking into a hand-held radio. He was talking to another guy who was near the end of the parking lot. Guy on the radio was black and the other white. As soon as I pulled in and stopped, they started walking quickly toward me. I was completely isolated and not visible from the highway. I got that "I'm in trouble" feeling as the lot was empty except for the SUV and my truck. I had my flatbed trailer behind my truck. I acted like I was securing the load but at the same time I was looking for a weapon. I happened to have a splitting maul (like an ax) so I grabbed that and slung it over my shoulder. Immediately, both guys turned around, got in their SUV and left.

Maybe they just wanted to say hi or maybe they were set up to rob or kill me, I don't know for sure. Yes, I notified the cops.

I have stopped there for years; on this occasion I felt threatened.

I carried many years ago but gave it up around 1990. I carry now. Had I been armed that day, I think all I would have had to do is show my weapon.
Too bad you couldn't get the license plate numbers on one of both vehicles to provide to the LEOs

Too bad you couldn't get the license plate numbers on one of both vehicles to provide to the LEOs
Oh well go back there tomorrow they will probably be there probably have robbed twenty people sense the the OP been there law enforcement don't have time to deal with rest stop robbery there too busy investigating the call about some one who doesn't feel safe in there safe space lol

I said showing the weapon but I should have said reaching for a weapon. Like this:

"When you lock eyes with G the very first thing you need to do it indicate you have a weapon. It doesn't matter if you do or not. If you are a woman put your gun hand in your purse and keep it there. If you are a man fan your shirt or coat tail with your gun hand. Make it clear to dude you are mentally prepared to draw and making sure your gun is clear. This will many times result in an about face by dude. It is the single best robbery avoidance tactic IMHO."
It has certainly worked for me!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top