JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I had a few moments to stop by a local establishment that sells firearms (not a local GS). I have been on the hunt for a new CC Pistol and thought I would see what offerings local pawn shops might have.

As I am looking through the selection, I come across a particular pistol that catches my eye, so I have the nice lady behind the counter take it out and hand it to me. the first thing I notice is the cleanliness oozing out of the slide:oops:. My first thought was "what in the bubblegum"...so I drop the mag and rack the slide.
Suddenly the craving for a BLT comes over me. As I start to salivate I look at the feed ramp and notice that it doesn't look quite right, flip the gun over...and a realization comes over me that I need to get my cholesterol checked because this Ruger LC9 has a healthy coating of bacon grease all over the internals...

Now I as you, the reader...would you buy a firearm that is in the display case like this and does anyone have a tomato that I can borrow a few slices off of?

outside.jpg feed ramp.jpg slide.jpg

I have used bear grease and deer tallow as a lube in my muzzleloaders before and those worked fine.
( as a patch lube , lock lube or a field expedient stock protection )
I would be a bit worried about salt in the bacon grease causing corrosion.
However I'm not sure how much , if any salt is in bacon grease , so I may be way off base ...
Andy

Last Edited:
Salt! o_O

I had an old, somewhat beater 97 VW Passat TDI that I used to run 100% biodiesel in. The supplier got his feedstock from the fryers of the local restaurants. After a while I would notice people driving behind me, would always pull off at the next McDonalds or Burger King...

That stuff played havoc with my fuel injection pump though. Had to have it replaced; a very expensive fix. My mechanic almost accused me of car abuse.

Fortunately the biodiesel now added to fuel is not made in someone's garage any more. 5% is just about right for any diesel.

Doesn't rendered fat not stink since it's pure oil?

I need to make some clarified butter sometime soon at this house.

So, I had a few moments to stop by a local establishment that sells firearms (not a local GS). I have been on the hunt for a new CC Pistol and thought I would see what offerings local pawn shops might have.

As I am looking through the selection, I come across a particular pistol that catches my eye, so I have the nice lady behind the counter take it out and hand it to me. the first thing I notice is the cleanliness oozing out of the slide:oops:. My first thought was "what in the bubblegum"...so I drop the mag and rack the slide.
Suddenly the craving for a BLT comes over me. As I start to salivate I look at the feed ramp and notice that it doesn't look quite right, flip the gun over...and a realization comes over me that I need to get my cholesterol checked because this Ruger LC9 has a healthy coating of bacon grease all over the internals...

Now I as you, the reader...would you buy a firearm that is in the display case like this and does anyone have a tomato that I can borrow a few slices off of?

View attachment 296425 View attachment 296426 View attachment 296427
If it appeared to be in good shape and I wanted one, I'd just take it home and clean it up. It doesn't look to be damaged.

View attachment 296425 View attachment 296426 View attachment 296427

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top