JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been reloading this hot rod for years. I have listened to, and read all the hype about the 6.5 CM, why throw a pu'nkin ball at something when you can shoot at it?
A good Mauser action and a good barrel can outdo a CM any day of the week! ( Granted, I am partial to Mausers), a 6.5 Swede properly loaded is more than capable of sub-moa accuracy, with a couple of hundred fps extra!

My factory creedmoor has shot groups in the .1's in load development. In the end I settled on a solid repeatable 1/4" load. Bring your antique Mauser on....

It SHO-NUFF do. It proves you don't know what your talking about. Look at the cases in the pic you posted. If you can't see how well thought out the CM case vs the antique swed case you shouldn't make posts of how the CM falls short.

Considering its not a parent case, the 6.5 CM isn't "thought out", its adapted. "What do we do with all this 30 TC brass we have lying around from our last commercial disaster....."

Bullets, twist, magazine OAL, throat. All of that matters, head stamps don't.

Still waiting on my dies to do load development.

20191228_182603.jpg

I like many 6.5 cartridges including the Creed, but yeah I get the ad nauseam surrounding it. The only thing worse is a Tikka in 6.5 CM. :DAt least I bucked the trend a bit and my Creedmoor is in a Browning xbolt. 8F0AB9F3-D9CF-4B5A-9025-DB3617BF8362.jpeg

Last Edited:
It SHO-NUFF do. It proves you don't know what your talking about. Look at the cases in the pic you posted. If you can't see how well thought out the CM case vs the antique swed case you shouldn't make posts of how the CM falls short.

My experience toward cartridge (and human) appearance shows that one cannot make evaluations on how much "thought" is contained by looking at them.

However, with what they do (and say) some very pointed and valid conclusions can be drawn regarding amount of thought they hold.

Considering its not a parent case, the 6.5 CM isn't "thought out", its adapted. "What do we do with all this 30 TC brass we have lying around from our last commercial disaster....."

Bullets, twist, magazine OAL, throat. All of that matters, head stamps don't.

You have to face the facts. The creedmoor is here to stay. To further Splain what I said in my earlier post........Simply put the swede is faster, but has a old inferior case design. I see there are a few here that see it, and decided to take advantage of the cases potential by blowing the case out to an AI.
Yes...the CM is sloooow in my book, but it's a modern case design which means it's very efficent. Is it the perfect cartridge ? NO Is there a perfect cartridge? NO. It was marketed well, and it has alot going for it. It offers inherent accuracy, and low recoil, and tons of ammo choices that can be bought about anywhere in a pinch. There are probably 50 different kinds of factory ammo available including match loads that are quite impressive on paper.

Over 30 different gunmakers have an offering! It's a great cartridge for a youngster, and it's very popular, if not the most popular cartridge going. If ANY of that inspires some young ones to get interested in shooting/hunting .... instead of playing video games I'm all for it ! In the end it's just a choice, but if you're not reloading the swede has nothing on the CM, but nostalgia.

You have to face the facts. The creedmoor is here to stay. To further Splain what I said in my earlier post........Simply put the swede is faster, but has a old inferior case design. I see there are a few here that see it, and decided to take advantage of the cases potential by blowing the case out to an AI.
Yes...the CM is sloooow in my book, but it's a modern case design which means it's very efficent. Is it the perfect cartridge ? NO Is there a perfect cartridge? NO. It was marketed well, and it has alot going for it. It offers inherent accuracy, and low recoil, and tons of ammo choices that can be bought about anywhere in a pinch. There are probably 50 different kinds of factory ammo available including match loads that are quite impressive on paper.

Over 30 different gunmakers have an offering! It's a great cartridge for a youngster, and it's very popular, if not the most popular cartridge going. If ANY of that inspires some young ones to get interested in shooting/hunting .... instead of playing video games I'm all for it ! In the end it's just a choice, but if you're not reloading the swede has nothing on the CM, but nostalgia.

Totally agree...but I've heard too many people describe it as something its not, or something that hasn't been done before. Hence, the nickname....Creedtards.

I'd have a 6mm CM in a heartbeat. Better OAL constraints, correct twist, winner.

Totally agree...but I've heard too many people describe it as something its not, or something that hasn't been done before. Hence, the nickname....Creedtards.

I'd have a 6mm CM in a heartbeat. Better OAL constraints, correct twist, winner.
Some of the CM hype is pretty silly but like the 6.5x55 and 260 before it it has some impressive performance.
A high BC 140 at a leisurely 2700 is no slouch and all three are capable of a good bit more than that.

My 260 is launching 147's at a bit more than 2800 and has made a lot of hits past a mile and I've seen and made plenty of CM hits at a mile as well.

The 130 grain bullets are pretty impressive as well.

I have it on good authority sometimes people like turtles, or Creed-moo-moo, or sometimes they be extra silly and like .30-30 WCF.

moomoo.jpg

It is all most delightful. I think; sometimes I lose my train of thought. Who knows, but well wishes. :p

I have it on good authority sometimes people like turtles, or Creed-moo-moo, or sometimes they be extra silly and like .30-30 WCF.

View attachment 652585

It is all most delightful. I think; sometimes I lose my train of thought. Who knows, but well wishes. :p

We can introduce it to the uninitiated as the "6.5 + 1.1 Preceededanythingwithmoor"

Last Edited:
Some of the CM hype is pretty silly but like the 6.5x55 and 260 before it it has some impressive performance.
A high BC 140 at a leisurely 2700 is no slouch and all three are capable of a good bit more than that.

My 260 is launching 147's at a bit more than 2800 and has made a lot of hits past a mile and I've seen and made plenty of CM hits at a mile as well.

The 130 grain bullets are pretty impressive as well.
And then just when you think you are winning, along comes a faster gun.
6.5 PRC (Creedmoor's big brother)

Not a PRC-tard
Yet.

:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews