JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know the 6.5 Creedmoor is all the rage, but what if you could gain a couple hundred feet per second across the bullet spectrum while not having to use a magnum and still being able to use light and trim hunting rifles? What if brass was widely available? This new cartridge easily eclipses the creedmoor.

The 6.5 Swedemoor. Look at this hotrod! I have a feeling it will soon have quite the following! I bet this revolutionary case design with more taper will feed so smooth! It dwarfs the creedmoor!

22806F81-E993-4FE8-954E-5D24EDFEC76E.jpeg

Nope, just proof that the 6.5 Creedmoor doesn't do anything that hasn't been done with the same bullet since 1891.
my grandpa was laughed at when he took his 264 win mag to canada for a moose hunt. it wasnt so funny anymore when he dumped a moose right where it stood with 1 shot.

my grandpa was laughed at when he took his 264 win mag to canada for a moose hunt. it wasnt so funny anymore when he dumped a moose right where it stood with 1 shot.

What's funny is that 6.5s have NEVER been popular in the US. The 6.5x55 never got the love the 257 Roberts, 270, 7x57, or 30-06 got. The 264 Win Mag started hot and then interest waned when the 7mm Rem Mag, using the exact same case and .02 bigger bullet, came out in 1962. The 6.5 Remington Magnum fell on its face. The 6.5-284 and 260 were mainly used by competitive shooters and not much else. 30 years of nothing in 6.5mm came the Creedmoor and people have lost their everloving minds. I can't help link the new popularity of a metric caliber in the US to the current cultural shift. Patriotism is dying, people are watching soccer, and now 6.5s are popular. Crazy world we are living in.

I know the 6.5 Creedmoor is all the rage, but what if you could gain a couple hundred feet per second across the bullet spectrum while not having to use a magnum and still being able to use light and trim hunting rifles? What if brass was widely available? This new cartridge easily eclipses the creedmoor.

The 6.5 Swedemoor. Look at this hotrod! I have a feeling it will soon have quite the following! I bet this revolutionary case design with more taper will feed so smooth! It dwarfs the creedmoor!

View attachment 612500
:s0151:
Oh my goodness. Stop my tears...can't breathe. You kill me, man! You owe me a beer and a tablet.

What about the 7.62-06? Hear it is like a magnum .308 but without the price.

View attachment 612500
And most of us here know exactly what cartridge it is. It's been around longer than any of our grandparents.

Last Edited:
I have been reloading this hot rod for years. I have listened to, and read all the hype about the 6.5 CM, why throw a pu'nkin ball at something when you can shoot at it?
A good Mauser action and a good barrel can outdo a CM any day of the week! ( Granted, I am partial to Mausers), a 6.5 Swede properly loaded is more than capable of sub-moa accuracy, with a couple of hundred fps extra!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top