JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for options on what powder coating powder works best on lead bullets. I've had a lot of success with Eastwood Hotcoat Powder Coat Henry's Light Blue American. I apply it with a tumbler and bake it in my powder coat oven. Works great on pistol bullets gas check or not.

P1010097.JPG

I want to know if there is a better manufacturer/color/powder I should try.

No idea where he gets it, but a guy over in Cast Boolits sells some good stuff.

Love john deere green. Traffic cone orange and sulfur yellow took a couple of coats. Could have been humidity affecting the process though.

I've heard a lot of people say that Dark Ford Blue is the best but I can't find a supplier. Maybe after mess of 2020 clears. I'll be able to find some.

I've heard a lot of people say that Dark Ford Blue is the best but I can't find a supplier. Maybe after mess of 2020 clears. I'll be able to find some.
I just like it because it matches my pickup 😆. I also use the gloss black and deep red because it makes snowflakes think they are nuclear and it sends them into conniptions somehow haha. The Eastwood white, yellow, and turquoise work well also. The gloss black and yellow and white seems to coat a little thicker but I size after coating in a lee push through die so it's really not an issue. For some reason the turquoise (it might be seafoam green now that I think about it) and dark ford blue fill in super even and make a really professional looking final product.

What colors have you tried from them? Which works best?
I haven't used them on bullets before...just rafting frames, vehicle suspension parts, and fishing weights. Columbia and Prismatic are used by most commercial powder coaters in PDX though.

I mainly use powders personally for fishing weights. (which is largely just black, white, blue, and pink)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top