JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a rural California transplant to Douglas county and after about 60 years as a native Californian I'd had my fill of the business/social and gun climate there so moved to rural Oregon. Some members at Calguns recommended NWF to get to know local gun hobbyists in the Pacific Northwest so I joined up awhile back. Due to the nature of my work and already being on the prog radar I was a bit reticent about sharing too much personal stuff so mostly lurked. Being a gun owner in CA has increasingly become a siege.

Anyway, most of my interest trends to WW2 and prior arms and war memorabilia from combatants on all sides. I'm not really into the late model stuff. I'm happy to live in a county with a pro 2A sheriff and citizens who support such freedoms. We're fortunate to be able to shoot on our own land where I live and the sounds of freedom often ring through the forest. I'm a bit long in the tooth so won't have the long-term view of many of the younger members but still firmly believe in individual rights and responsibilities. Best wishes and good health to the membership and I hope together we can stay strong in the fight for our liberties.

Thanks for the welcome and I hope to add to the body of experience what I can, mostly focused on older stuff and from the industrial side of things. I am looking forward to focusing in on vintage NFA items since those were previously unavailable for many years in my home state. It has been refreshing to once again experience firearms as I did as a young person in California, unfettered by fine print and annoying details. Like coming home, except the smell is nicer. Like a forest.

It's a small world. I too am a member of Calguns since 2006.
52b017e6eed86816a880063a219b12ec.gif

Welcome from another Douglas county resident! Have you checked out the South Umpqua Rod & Gun Club in Canyonville yet? Great place and a great group of people. Kelly and Shelly run the place as caretakers. Dues were $40 for vets but I believe they recently went up. Not positive on that last so you might check them out. They are about a mile out of Canyonville on the Canyonville-Riddle Road, on the right. You'll find a lot of California escapees in the county. Glad to have you and don't neglect to VOTE!

Welcome from a place that makes CA look positively benign when it comes to gun ownership. I'm just grateful I don't live in the Republic of Ireland, which is even worse.

To find me, head north out of London for about sixty miles, and then look left a bit - I'm somewhere around there.

Douglas County transplant from Seattle two years ago. One of the best decisions we've made, I can only imagine re-enacting the removed rights as soon as you crossed over state lines lol. FREEDOM! lol

I'm in Winston if you wanted to shoot, either guns or the $hit lol

I have noticed one thing I need to dial back when posting... I'm not in California anymore and need to get out of that seige mentality. I ran into it literally when first moving and maniacally running around locking everything up and securing everything and lights and cameras and and..... Relax, it's rural Oregon. Leave it alone. Take a breath. Took a good long while to stop that, something decades of conditioning and crime against person and property has wrought. It's a different lifestyle, adapt, slow down. It's a work in progress:cool:

Yes, and thank you. If a younger man I'd likely have chosen Idaho or Wyoming but at my age I'll be dead before Oregon goes so far prog that it infects my county and destroys it. One thing working for us is lack of a booming economy in much of the state. Some areas are doing well, sure, but the destruction of the timber and marine industries a few decades ago left things more subsistence in many areas and populations there more rugged individualist. Hard to indoctrinate into the prog.

It's a trade-off I guess. Peaceful low crime conservative rural life versus robust economy and upward mobility. We see a bit of the latter down in Coos County in Coos Bay and I would expect more if Jordan Cove LNG port ever takes off. With things in China as they are, I doubt it will. Anyway, whenever my neighbor is out sighting in his hunting rifle in his pasture, I smile. In CA that sound would be a war zone. In OR, it's freedom and self-determination and I'm not even an avid hunter. I smile for him.

Yes, and thank you. If a younger man I'd likely have chosen Idaho or Wyoming but at my age I'll be dead before Oregon goes so far prog that it infects my county and destroys it. One thing working for us is lack of a booming economy in much of the state. Some areas are doing well, sure, but the destruction of the timber and marine industries a few decades ago left things more subsistence in many areas and populations there more rugged individualist. Hard to indoctrinate into the prog.

It's a trade-off I guess. Peaceful low crime conservative rural life versus robust economy and upward mobility. We see a bit of the latter down in Coos County in Coos Bay and I would expect more if Jordan Cove LNG port ever takes off. With things in China as they are, I doubt it will. Anyway, whenever my neighbor is out sighting in his hunting rifle in his pasture, I smile. In CA that sound would be a war zone. In OR, it's freedom and self-determination and I'm not even an avid hunter. I smile for him.
When we first moved here and called to make an appointment to get our CPL we were told the wait was 3 months. 3 months wtf?! In Seattle you could just walk into the king county courthouse and do it all same day, albeit waiting an hour at times. Long story short, I open carried those 3 months and never recieved any dirty looks or really any looks in general. It was "normal" here. No moms beating me with their purses and throwing their hot crapbucks in my direction. lol okay never happend but you understand. I was even thanked several times for carrying. Imagine how shocked I was, wait you're thanking me? I should be thanking you for thanking me lol

Greetings program!

57AB4CB8-A52A-4C1A-89C5-936789709730.jpeg

I have noticed one thing I need to dial back when posting... I'm not in California anymore and need to get out of that seige mentality. I ran into it literally when first moving and maniacally running around locking everything up and securing everything and lights and cameras and and..... Relax, it's rural Oregon. Leave it alone. Take a breath. Took a good long while to stop that, something decades of conditioning and crime against person and property has wrought. It's a different lifestyle, adapt, slow down. It's a work in progress:cool:

Nope.

Keep up a decent diligence.

LEO response times can be pretty low, depending where you are & when. Absolutely nothing against LEO's, it's budget constraints and vast territory.

Criminals know this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads