JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can buy six red dot Sig Romeo's.
For the price of one AIMPOINT.
LOL WITCH IS GOOD FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE MORE THAN ONE RIFLE ..
mmmmmm actually I have 9 AR pistols and Rifle .mmm...... Do the math

You would be very hard pressed to know the difference, even if you had them in hand..
That's rather scary.

I bought a pair of knock off Daniel Defense iron sights from Amazon once. Totally could tell they were fake from the box to the sights themselves.

I can buy six red dot Sig Romeo's.
For the price of one AIMPOINT.
LOL WITCH IS GOOD FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE MORE THAN ONE RIFLE ..
mmmmmm actually I have 9 AR pistols and Rifle .mmm...... Do the math
That's because those sigs are just Chinese Holosun rebranded red dots. Or even less expensive Chinese clones of clones.

I know this thread is almost dead, but here goes.

I'm in the market for a DeltaPoint Pro right now and I'm noticing a lot of problems. Some are clearly fakes, being $90 or whatever. But what I'm most nervous about are fakes that were purchased by someone for that price and then sold for $300-320. That kind of price makes you think you are getting a smoking deal since most are $399. There are a lot of hinky "deals" out there on this optic.

Holosun is a brand, not a manufacturer.

SIG has optics made in the USA, Japan, Philippines, and China.

They design/engineer most of every optic.
Yes, all true.

Most brands purchase from a reputable manufacturer. To use an analogy, it's like a ghost writer for a novel. They don't make it, they brand it. They work with leading manufacturers or production manufacturers to isolate a design and then they import the product and sell it to the consumer.

Being from within the industry I've learned that many companies don't actually make anything. They design things as sell them.

Sig has a reputation, a reputation that folks hold true. Myself, I have a hard time not seeing these optics for what they are, clones of clones of clones. Aimpoint being the origin of most of them. Once Holosun opened the market up for clones, every brand was fighting to "design" their own. Some probably just took the other guys sticker off and put their own on it.

I, for the most part, feel like a handful of companies get better feedback simply due to brand reputation vs actually looking at the product and realizing it's just a Chinese rebrand.

Until I get actual from Sig info stating their micro red dots are not just rebranded "insert Chinese production manufacturer" clones.

I'll call them clones.

Their home office for optics is in Wilsonville. Could be worth checking out for more information.
Be cool if they do tours like Leupold. Is it just an office type thing or do the make anything there?

The info I provided comes directly from their product line managers and design engineers. They have a customer service team here in Oregon. You can always call or email them.

They do not do factory tours ( at this time)

In Wilsonville they make some red dots/scopes, the Lima 320, Lima 365, Foxtrot 365, Juliet magnifiers and Kilo2400 ABS.

They do donate to orgs. I know OHA, Ducks Unlimited and FNAWS. Not sure what others they donate to.

If it says Leupold and it goes on a rifle or pistol, it's designed, manufactured, and assembled in Beaverton by 700 US citizens.

Anyone who says they are from China or are just assemblers with global components is mistaking.

They don't make all their parts (like glass), but they sure make a lot of their parts. I've been in a tour so I have seen it for myself.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top