Better bad beer question

Reactions
Well with the economic slow down I am cutting my beer budget by 50% :( Well now I am missing the warm fuzzy feeling that to many beers bring. I have been enjoying micro brews for a good many years, but I tried a 6 pack of Milwaukee ice and it wasn't all that bad :eek: This lead me to remember a beer I drank when I was young and broke, Old English 800 man that was some nasty swill.
I don't care for the lighter beers **** Miller, Bud, Coors ect...so I wondering if any of you are on the same quest ?

Reactions
Can't do the PBR, never have been able to. Bought an OE 800 a couple of months ago when I was feeling nostalgic, didn't taste as bad as I remembered. Lately I've been sticking with the Tecate, but Natty Ice was the go-to beer when I was in college. I still buy the micro's on weekends.

Reactions
PBR tastes like Coors Light with rusty nuts and bolts dropped in it.

Next sip, think about it..........you'll taste it.

I told that to a 65year old man that had been drinking it his whole life. He took one sip after I told him that and never bought it again.

Hmm, I'll try this next PBR I have. Though I promise, it won't be my last! Not sure anything could ruin my taste for the Blue Ribbon!

Vote PBR here. Great beer at a great price!

Reactions
I will not swith no matter the cost as with guns or bullets. Some things in life are better left untouched and unchanged. I am a Corona and St. Paulie Girl guy plus my Turkey and JD on the side with a nice Cuban Cohiba. But I am thinking of getting that little Heiniken keg in that thing that looks like a coffee pot. I might be able to taste some of that this month for my B-day. Well shall see.

Cheers,

Scott

Reactions
Me too, and I have had too many to count of many different beers from many countries.

A close second is Carlsberg Elephant beer from Denmark, and third, Smithwick's from Ireland.

Us PBR'ers are not a lot of unwashed pikers! We just know what's good! :s0155:

(Yes that's pikers, not bikers)

Hmm, I'll try this next PBR I have. Though I promise, it won't be my last! Not sure anything could ruin my taste for the Blue Ribbon!

Vote PBR here. Great beer at a great price!

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Little Shop!
    I went in the place several weeks ago while visiting my kid at school. I ended up buying a new set of electronic ear muffs as my old ones were...
  • Gun Pro Shooting Supplies
    5.00 star(s)
    My go-to
    Neil has been nothing but professional, helpful and fair since I was a brand new shooter. He and his staff treat everyone with respect and you...
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    1.00 star(s)
    Completely unhappy!
    Not happy, customer service is highly lacking, and the male employees are rude. We wont be back!!
  • Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
Top Bottom