JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After mass shootings we get 2 kinds of media responses, the completely irrational, error plagued, emotional "something needs to be done" response, and the slightly apologetic response by the other side, that nothing can or should be done. This is one of the better articles on the subject, surprisingly by CNN Orlando spotlights constitutional responsibility (opinion) - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/opinions/gun-rights-and-responsibilities-after-orlando-cedric-alexander/index.html)

A good way to stop any crimes, murder, or terror?

Actually punish criminals.

Weird.

I bet this idiot from orlando's wife won't face any charges!
She should be charged with all thise murders and act of terrorism.

And anyone else who had knowledge of it.

Interesting article, especially by CNN.

Surprising quote from the article:

"Sales from one individual to another must, for practical reasons, be excluded from reporting requirements..."

Sounds like someone that would be in favor of dumping SB941 and I-594 to me - let's get him on board! ;)

Also, I still don't get why these folks insist on bringing up gun shows - has there been ANY mass shooting that happened after someone bought a gun, without a BGC, at a gun show? Anywhere?

"Fortunately, there is more we can do --and have the constitutional responsibility to do."

I'm sorry, which "constitutional responsibility" would that be?

"We must look out for one another."

True, we must. But there is a HUGE problem there. As the story continues to unfold, we find numerous people, over the course of several years, did report this man, he was investigated, and he was returned to society with the restrictions lifted. The FBI, one of the groups we are supposed to rely on, completely failed in their duty to protect the American public. So then, if we can't rely on them, who do we rely on? Additionally, if people are afraid to report because the government will consider you to be racist, homophobic, Islamaphobic, or some other PC based crap, then people are LESS LIKELY to report what they see and hear. And what the mutha f'ing crap is it that the wife KNEW what he was up to and failed to report it - and now they are thinking about not even charging her?? Should could have saved the lives of dozens of people but did not act. Add to that that murders are happening all over this country every day in intercity locations where there are plentiful witnesses to murders that refuse to come forward. How do we look out for each other when there is either no desire to do so, no agency that can do anything about it or there is too much fear, preventing people from doing their civic duty? How do we do that??

"I expect my officers to think of themselves not as warriors in our neighborhoods but as guardians of our neighborhoods. I believe we, as citizens, have to begin identifying ourselves the same way -- just as 18th-century Americans, who formed the militias to which the Second Amendment refers -- thought of themselves. They were guardians then. So must we be today."

At the risk of sounding as if I think the militia clause is tied to my personal right to own firearms, which I believe IT DOES NOT, I will say that I like the idea of people being involved in protecting their own communities. I am even more in favor of them being armed, without ridiculous restrictions by government. I should be able to carry, openly or concealed, no matter which I choose, without having to have some blessing from Uncle Sam or his minions. He's right on the edge of making a good point here, unfortunately too few people in this country care about such things.

A good way to stop any crimes, murder, or terror?

Actually punish criminals.

Weird.

I bet this idiot from orlando's wife won't face any charges!
She should be charged with all thise murders and act of terrorism.

And anyone else who had knowledge of it.
Studies have shown that the penalties aren't much of a deterrent for crimes

Better than one might expect, although I disagree with some of it.

Want to stop terror attacks? Withdraw the US military from the Middle East.
Tell that to the Shiite Muslims in Iraq and Syria that were tortured, enslaved, raped, and murdered by ISIS.

Oil prices are tanking so the quality of life in the Middle East will be declining with it. Doesn't have anything to do with US troops stomping on crap fires.

Better than one might expect, although I disagree with some of it.

Want to stop terror attacks? Withdraw the US military from the Middle East.

That worked really well on the shores of Tripoli what, 200 odd years ago. Not so much.

ALso, there were no US troops involved when Iran and Iraq were having it out with each other in the early1980s. Yes, I know all about Beirut, but that had nothing to do with the IRs or IQS. Even with 0 US troops in the ME the terrorists would still attack because of Exxon, Mobil, etc., etc.

At one point the Knights Templars were one of the most powerful organizations at many levels in Europe and the ME. They were eradicated rightly or wrongly by a merciless foe. The Germans learned their lesson as did the Japanese, however, our nation: civilians or government, doesn't have the remorseless will to conduct total war again. Not that I wish it. But there is a solution but nobody wants to go that way.

Brutus Out

Interesting article, especially by CNN.

Surprising quote from the article:

"Sales from one individual to another must, for practical reasons, be excluded from reporting requirements..."

Sounds like someone that would be in favor of dumping SB941 and I-594 to me - let's get him on board! ;)

Also, I still don't get why these folks insist on bringing up gun shows - has there been ANY mass shooting that happened after someone bought a gun, without a BGC, at a gun show? Anywhere?

"Fortunately, there is more we can do --and have the constitutional responsibility to do."

I'm sorry, which "constitutional responsibility" would that be?

"We must look out for one another."

True, we must. But there is a HUGE problem there. As the story continues to unfold, we find numerous people, over the course of several years, did report this man, he was investigated, and he was returned to society with the restrictions lifted. The FBI, one of the groups we are supposed to rely on, completely failed in their duty to protect the American public. So then, if we can't rely on them, who do we rely on? Additionally, if people are afraid to report because the government will consider you to be racist, homophobic, Islamaphobic, or some other PC based crap, then people are LESS LIKELY to report what they see and hear. And what the mutha f'ing crap is it that the wife KNEW what he was up to and failed to report it - and now they are thinking about not even charging her?? Should could have saved the lives of dozens of people but did not act. Add to that that murders are happening all over this country every day in intercity locations where there are plentiful witnesses to murders that refuse to come forward. How do we look out for each other when there is either no desire to do so, no agency that can do anything about it or there is too much fear, preventing people from doing their civic duty? How do we do that??

"I expect my officers to think of themselves not as warriors in our neighborhoods but as guardians of our neighborhoods. I believe we, as citizens, have to begin identifying ourselves the same way -- just as 18th-century Americans, who formed the militias to which the Second Amendment refers -- thought of themselves. They were guardians then. So must we be today."

At the risk of sounding as if I think the militia clause is tied to my personal right to own firearms, which I believe IT DOES NOT, I will say that I like the idea of people being involved in protecting their own communities. I am even more in favor of them being armed, without ridiculous restrictions by government. I should be able to carry, openly or concealed, no matter which I choose, without having to have some blessing from Uncle Sam or his minions. He's right on the edge of making a good point here, unfortunately too few people in this country care about such things.
What I like about this article, which is not without flaws, is that it tries to build bridges between sheeple and wolves. It suggests a synergy of sorts. They deliver acceptance and we deliver protection.

What I like about this article, which is not without flaws, is that it tries to build bridges between sheeple and wolves. It suggests a synergy of sorts. They deliver acceptance and we deliver protection.

Considering the source, it was surprisingly balanced. I'd prefer more, but it's not bad.

Tell that to the Shiite Muslims in Iraq and Syria that were tortured, enslaved, raped, and murdered by ISIS.

1) Not my problem, nor yours. If people don't like being tortured, enslaved, raped, and murdered, the remedy is clear - they should arm themselves.

2) ISIS wouldn't even exist without US meddling in the Middle East.

Please, no more of "the poor murders and rapist did it because someone made them do it" crap again. It's really getting old.

Ya, ya, we know, Hitler murdered Jews, gypsies , and homosexuals because the treaty of Versailles was unfair to Germany. He was really a good guy that only wanted the Volkswagon and autobahn to improve the lives of the "master race".

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads