JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which of these two would you choose for SHTF?

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • Glock 21

Votes: 60 63.8%

• Total voters
My choice is a 1911. I own an 1911B Taurus and I love it. I spend time shoot at 100 yards and somehow I manage to hit what I am aiming at. So suck with just one, the 1911. No fan of Clocks. JMHO

Glock 21 without a doubt for ease of operation, reliability and maintenance. My first love are 1911s, but the Glock 21 wins hands down. I have known many people who just shoot and shoot their Glocks (my brother is one) and never clean them and they keep chugging along.

I ended up buying both. I carry the Glock far more often. Good luck!

hker71

How much shooting of a sidearm does a real combat soldier actually do?If s really htf,I would be more concerned about the rifle I was carrying and not so much if my handgun were able to shoot a million rds.

How much shooting of a sidearm does a real combat soldier actually do?If s really htf,I would be more concerned about the rifle I was carrying and not so much if my handgun were able to shoot a million rds.

Fair enough, but depending on the situation, you may not be able to openly carry a rifle. It might come down to your concealed handgun.

And the Glock takes the early lead! That's interesting, since on the other forum where I posted this, the results were the inverse; almost two to one in favor of the 1911. And no, I didn't post on the 1911 forum!

Fair enough, but depending on the situation, you may not be able to openly carry a rifle. It might come down to your concealed handgun.
Fair enough also.I`ll change my original comment to the best pistol to have is the one that you shoot the best.I mean,if you shoot your Hi-Point more accurately than your $2500.00 fancy built 1911,then it would probably be better to have the Hi-Point.They are cheap,but far from garbage if it saves your life one time.

Impressive.million in a row?

Yes, was posted at glocktalk.. not only a million, extended torture tests including repeatedly throwing it out the window of a light aircraft at 200 feet into a field, soaking it in salt baths, and the last test I saw he buried it in mud in his back yard for months or years, I forget which.. then he pulled it out, wiped it off and then had 500 rds of loaded mags and multiple buddies standing in line to shoot it. Only a few cases of failure to fully go into battery

The question is what's best for SHTF.. and the Glock wins IMO. I'm not selling my 1911s but they are sleeping in the safe

Pretty small front sight. At least on mine, any way.

I'm amazed how well my gal shoots hers.. I can't. It's left quite a few men standing slack jawed at ranges. I suspect there's a perfect gun for everyone. For me it's a Browning Hi Power. The owners of an indoor range once gave me the handle of "machine gun" for the rate of fire I could lay down with one

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top