JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
EMAIL FROM BETSY CLOSE:

WOMEN'S FIREARMS TRAINING EVENT A SUCCESS!
PublicSafetyEvent.jpg

Last week I had the pleasure of hosting a women's safety training event. I learned a lot about self defense options, and was so inspired by the stories of the women who attended.

Thank you to Sharon Preston for leading the training with her Laser Shot Simulated Firearms system. Thanks to Rachel Lucas of Safer Oregon, Lisa Atkins of Second Amendment Sisters, and Sheena Williams of Alpha Girls Academy for sharing your stories and resources with us!

Please visit my Facebook page to view more pictures from the event.

CHECK OUT SENATOR BETSY CLOSE'S FIRST TV AD!

Dear Friend,

With less than 60 days until the election, we're already heading towards the heat of the campaign season. There will be a lot of TV ads, mail, and campaign events before it's all over, but I am committed to talking about the issues that matter.

As an example, here is our first ad, which features various community members sharing why they support my campaign for the Oregon Senate:

TVad2.jpg

We all know how important jobs are to our community--both for the income they provide to families and also the tax dollars they generate to support education and other services.

I've worked hard to implement new policies to promote job creation, including:

• Championing a better connection between highs school classes and technical and vocational training, making the transition from high school to the workforce easier, more accessible, and less expensive.
  • I also was the writer and Chief Sponsor of The Youth Employment Act, creating a public-private partnership between counties and local employers that helps train youth entering the workforce for the first time, between the ages of 14 and 19.
Our community once prospered, and I believe we can prosper once again if we put partisanship aside and get to work in the Legislature.

WHAT THIS ELECTION COMES DOWN TO
Unfortunately, my opponent doesn't seem to agree. She voted to increase taxes on small businesses so that they pay 40% more than large corporations. She also voted to increase taxes on the people of Oregon by over $1 billion. She even voted to end the Senior Medical Tax Deduction on state taxes.

I believe this shows just how important this election is. Ultimately, the choice you will have to make this fall is between two very different philosophies and legislative records.

I hope to earn your trust and support in this critical election!

All my best,

~Betsy

Betsy is the Gun Owners friend, along with Jeff Kruse.
Make sure we keep them in office.

Check out Senator Betsy Close's First TV Ad!

Dear Friend,
With less than 60 days until the election, we're already heading towards the heat of the campaign season. There will be a lot of TV ads, mail, and campaign events before it's all over, but I am committed to talking about the issues that matter.
As an example, here is our first ad, which features various community members sharing why they support my campaign for the Oregon Senate:

and

We all know how important jobs are to our community--both for the income they provide to families and also the tax dollars they generate to support education and other services.
I've worked hard to implement new policies to promote job creation, including:
  • Championing a better connection between highs school classes and technical and vocational training, making the transition from high school to the workforce easier, more accessible, and less expensive.
  • I also was the writer and Chief Sponsor of The Youth Employment Act, creating a public-private partnership between counties and local employers that helps train youth entering the workforce for the first time, between the ages of 14 and 19.
Our community once prospered, and I believe we can prosper once again if we put partisanship aside and get to work in the Legislature.
What This Election Comes Down to
Unfortunately, my opponent doesn't seem to agree. She voted to increase taxes on small businesses so that they pay 40% more than large corporations. She also voted to increase taxes on the people of Oregon by over $1 billion. She even voted to end the Senior Medical Tax Deduction on state taxes.
I believe this shows just how important this election is. Ultimately, the choice you will have to make this fall is between two very different philosophies and legislative records.
I hope to earn your trust and support in this critical election!
Women's Firearms Training Event a Success!

Last week I had the pleasure of hosting a women's safety training event. I learned a lot about self defense options, and was so inspired by the stories of the women who attended.
Thank you to Sharon Preston for leading the training with her Laser Shot Simulated Firearms system. Thanks to Rachel Lucas of Safer Oregon, Lisa Atkins of Second Amendment Sisters, and Sheena Williams of Alpha Girls Academy for sharing your stories and resources with us!
<broken link removed> to view more pictures from the event.
All my best,
~Betsy

Contact Betsy
MAIL: PO Box 827 | Albany, OR 97321
PHONE: (971) 701-0381
EMAIL: [email protected]

Stay Connected

Last Edited:
Her opponent is Sara Gelser, and the below is quoted from her run for Senate website:

Protecting our personal freedoms & rights
Sara Gelser is proudly pro-choice and will always defend women's access to reproductive health care services. Sara is also a longtime supporter of equal rights for LGBT Oregonians. She will bring this unwavering commitment to personal rights to the State Senate. We can rely on Sara to:

• Ensure women have access to contraceptives through their prescription drug coverage.
  • Oppose any effort to restrict women's access to reproductive health services.
  • Stop any efforts to roll back equal rights for LGBT Oregonians.
She's so concerned about abortion access and LGBT "rights", but not a word about SPECIFICALLY LISTED RIGHTS in the Constitution.

I hope the voting drones stay home this cycle.

It looks like Gelser is favored to win the race.

Do you have a source for this? Between this, and down south in Medford, I am really hoping we get a majority, and not just a filebuster, on gun-issues in the Senate.

Edit: Found this article you might be talking about. If it was, it was a democratic sponsored poll, so not surprising it shows a lead for Gelser. Just hope it's more smoke than actual results.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...8/21/races-watch-outside-mid-valley/14423329/

Last Edited:
Her opponent is Sara Gelser, and the below is quoted from her run for Senate website:

She's so concerned about abortion access and LGBT "rights", but not a word about SPECIFICALLY LISTED RIGHTS in the Constitution.

I hope the voting drones stay home this cycle.

She is one of the Gov's. people, a professional bureaucrat

Do you have a source for this? Between this, and down south in Medford, I am really hoping we get a majority, and not just a filebuster, on gun-issues in the Senate.

Edit: Found this article you might be talking about. If it was, it was a democratic sponsored poll, so not surprising it shows a lead for Gelser. Just hope it's more smoke than actual results.
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...8/21/races-watch-outside-mid-valley/14423329/
That article was part of it.

I think the main thing they're looking outside of polls at is the area has a decent dem majority in the last election. http://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/17/1278278/-2014-Oregon-Senate-Elections

In reality it's probably a toss up like the Senate in general. http://www.bendbulletin.com/home/2329722-151/can-republicans-take-control-of-oregon-senate#
The 2 house districts that make up the Senate district were almost mirror images of each other in 2012.

This one isn't a very good source but it does reference the difference in voters in the primary in district. http://www.oregonsenatedemocrats.com/

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top