JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Surrendering your firearm , because of violence , which has been committed by others is kinda like ...
Not driving your car because of car accidents , caused by someone else.

If you handle your firearm safely , then you are not the problem.
Just like if drive safely.

Exactly. Drunk driving is a very bad thing that results in a lot of heartache. But I'm not handing in my truck or tequila; I'm responsible enough never to combine the two.

Illegal aliens often have SS numbers - they forge documents/etc., but the number has to be a real one or the payroll dept. gets a hit from the gov. and the alien gets let go, maybe even reported.

So they take someone else's # and pay into that account. They usually don't try to take benefits (unless it is for disability) as that would raise a red flag when more than one person tries to claim benefits - but they do pay into it. The gov probably doesn't care because it is more money coming into SSI to prop up the system.

It gets a bit more complicated when they file tax returns, as then you got two or more people asking for a refund - unless they don't ask for a refund. Not totally sure about that - again, maybe they don't file a return, and the gov walks away with the taxes they paid and doesn't care. I know a guy who had someone file returns with his identity and it really messed up his taxes for a number of years, it is still a pain for him as he has to go thru extra hassle every year to file as his account has been flagged.
A friend who worked at the Employment Dept, (OR) told me it takes about 10,000 man-hours/year to correct SS accounts because of this problem, so the "extra" money is not exactly all gravy. It has costs attached.

A friend who worked at the Employment Dept, (OR) told me it takes about 10,000 man-hours/year to correct SS accounts because of this problem, so the "extra" money is not exactly all gravy. It has costs attached.
But there are millions of illegals doing this, so it definitely has its plus side. I can't speak to the exact pluses and minuses, but my bet is that most who put money into the system, via SSI or taxes, probably don't try to get that money back - they would be admitting to fraud, and/or trying to commit fraud again.

Just the same, it goes to show, that even with extra $$$ coming in that will probably never go out (not to mention the people who die before they collect benefits), the SSI system is a pyramid scheme - a very long term scheme, but a con job all the same.

We are a family of 5 living in a substidised apartment that will cost us $1200 a month starting soon. The "low income threshold" is $65k. The average income to live without any kind of assistance for a family of 5 is above $110k. You can't Archive this even with working 3 part time jobs.

Well I don't know, at least he will try to "buy them back" (if they never owned them to begin with, how do they "buy them back"?) first, unlike like that dill weed from Commiefornia who said (no, not that one, the other one, no not that either, no not.... oh forget it, they are all demonrat scum anyway) "we got nukes and we will use them if we have to on US gun owners who refuse to turn in their guns"!

Note how no demonrats said anything about either of the scum? But-hole...er... Beto or other other idiot.

An observation.

Please understand that what a politician says and what they actually think are often two different things.

Most are liars, but most understand that what they are saying is a lie - an ends to a means.

No politician thinks we will actually all turn in our firearms if they are banned or the gov offers to buy them. They know that a significant percentage won't. They also know that such legislation would face considerable opposition when it comes time to vote on it and that there is a strong chance it wouldn't pass.

This is just typical politics; say something popular to get elected.

What do they have to lose?

If it doesn't pass they can blame the opposition. If it does pass then they got what they want, even if it doesn't work (which it never does) and then they can say they need even more gun control laws.

So no, 'Beto' doesn't think we will surrender our ARs/etc. - he thinks it gives him a shot at being elected for something more than dog catcher.
How true

An observation.

Please understand that what a politician says and what they actually think are often two different things.

Most are liars, but most understand that what they are saying is a lie - an ends to a means.

No politician thinks we will actually all turn in our firearms if they are banned or the gov offers to buy them. They know that a significant percentage won't. They also know that such legislation would face considerable opposition when it comes time to vote on it and that there is a strong chance it wouldn't pass.

This is just typical politics; say something popular to get elected.

So no, 'Beto' doesn't think we will surrender our ARs/etc. - he thinks it gives him a shot at being elected for something more than dog catcher.

Exactly...WHATEVER it takes to get into office...after that...Campaign promises? Hah. Suckers! :rolleyes:

It's likely one of two things:

- He's knows he's on his way out and this was a Hail Mary to get attention/boost ratings (which has worked to a degree on the former...just look at how active this thread has become), or...

- They've agreed he's not going to be the 'chosen one' and they're using him as a tool to simply advance their agenda as a sacrificial lamb.

You'll note none of the other candidate's begged to differ with him.

There is a upside - as has already been posted - he has finally exposed the endgame of many extremists/prohibitionists. For years the pro2A side's concerns were always dismissed as 'tinfoil hat conspiracy loons' who were opposing *just* common sense gun control and fear mongering...there was nothing nefarious about such proposals. They were benign. They were never going to take/confiscate anyone's guns.

No more are they able to make that claim. Concerns over the slippery slope have been validated.

Boss

Beta is a poser .He is easy to see through .he's a waist of stage and airtime.
How a Texan ended up a California wannabe is stifling. :eek:

Beta is a poser .He is easy to see through .he's a waist of stage and airtime.
How a Texan ended up a California wannabe is stifling. :eek:

As some have noted here, liberals are moving to other states.

There was a piece on this on OPB yesterday - about emigration from the cities to less densely populated areas - mostly from the east to west and south, by upwardly mobile progressives, bringing their political attitudes with them. Significant mention was made of this regarding the political aspects of turning red states blue or purple.

Why do I get the fleeting feeling that the Dems are trying to do a shock and awe approach like with trump in 2016. How he just came out spouting the most off the wall bubblegum to get hype generated around him and hold attention into the primaries.

Are the dems trying to use this same method for working up enough people left and right based to constantly discuss him and keep him relevant? Even bad PR is good PR.

As some have noted here, liberals are moving to other states.

There was a piece on this on OPB yesterday - about emigration from the cities to less densely populated areas - mostly from the east to west and south, by upwardly mobile progressives, bringing their political attitudes with them. Significant mention was made of this regarding the political aspects of turning red states blue or purple.

Yes sir. The county I live in has fallen victim to the anti and SJW crowd big box and chain stores have moved in and transplant the management with them. What was left of the mom and pop stores and restaurants Are now Seattle and Cali style boutiques offering small portions of over priced items with fancy titles.
The machine shop is now a starbucks.:mad: P.s. I have not spent a dime there .LOL

Last Edited:
26BC61D5-0D74-473D-B308-95ABB3F51F31.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews