JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
thats funny man! 3 adults could share the large fry!! their fry sauce is good too.
have you ever got the cajun seasoning on them?

the one thing that annoys me is that they ask if i want everything on my burger as im trying to tell them what i want on my burger. mrs.nancy is a real nice lady too. i service their corvette and caddy at my work from time to time.

i was prob on my way to or from cabelas when you were there for lunch anyway!

LOL yeah bro, they asked me the same thing. No tomato here. We stopped at Cabelas on the way back!! :p

how did you hear about/find nancys anyway? hillsboro is a ways away man!

IIRC i think maybe someone or i recommended nancys here a while ago but i dont remember.

how did you hear about/find nancys anyway? hillsboro is a ways away man!

IIRC i think maybe i recommended nancys here a long long time ago but i dont remember.

I used to work in Wilsonville. One of my employees recommended Nancy's to me. I've lived all over the Western half of the US and I'm always down for a good burger......

Near the old Spare Room bowling alley on NE 42nd in Portland about 40 years ago there was a tavern that served 12" diameter hamburgers. A friend of mine and I would go in there to eat frequently. It was a good burger, nothing fancy but tasty. I had eaten one and my friend dared me to eat another one and he would pay for it if I ate it all. I won the bet but those last few bites went down awful slow washed down with plenty of beer. Today I would be lucky to finish 1\2 of one and would need a doggie bag.

When I want a good burger I go to the Rebel truck stop, just north of Woodland in Kalama, WA. Or further north the Gateway Truckstop in Castlerock.. I think they are the same owner... lots of thick bacon! Shell gas stations I think.

Near the old Spare Room bowling alley on NE 42nd in Portland about 40 years ago there was a bubblegum that served 12" diameter hamburgers. A friend of mine and I would go in there to eat frequently. It was a good burger, nothing fancy but tasty. I had eaten one and my friend dared me to eat another one and he would pay for it if I ate it all. I won the bet but those last few bites went down awful slow washed down with plenty of beer. Today I would be lucky to finish 1\2 of one and would need a doggie bag.
So why was my wording of a place serving beer changed to bubblegum? Is a place serving beer a bad word nowadays? Inquiring minds would like to know?

Near the old Spare Room bowling alley on NE 42nd in Portland about 40 years ago there was a bubblegum that served 12" diameter hamburgers. A friend of mine and I would go in there to eat frequently. It was a good burger, nothing fancy but tasty. I had eaten one and my friend dared me to eat another one and he would pay for it if I ate it all. I won the bet but those last few bites went down awful slow washed down with plenty of beer. Today I would be lucky to finish 1\2 of one and would need a doggie bag.
Stanich's, 49th and Fremont has a long standing reputation for "best burgers". Maybe that's the place?

OK poseurs/lightweights/pretenders/etc:
Effies (a local landmark), Lewiston Idaho.
I got their regular 3# burger. Perhaps the best I've ever had. It served to feed "Hongry people" back in the days when too much was not enough.

Consider this my official entry into the 'best burger' contest.

I like that Breakside will turn anything into a burger...

Like this ruben-burger with bacon....
jxfJ-aQDda8fC_SLMPzDlIX4Mk-SbV0OA2m38q21AjFMISXek8ncVVbFESCTbKLwCTkX8m7FP5nSdC1SzCTk2I-aaVSqw-Ns.jpg

I've lived in that hood since 1983. For 13 years we rented a house a block from the Spare Room. Was the bar was called "Magoo's" maybe? I don't remember a burger big as a plate though. But the food was really good. Joy was the gal that owned it. Every other Friday was taco Friday, for free. They made these incredible twice cook Jo Jo type spuds. Sadly Magoo's went in the toilet when Joy sold it, failed a coupel of times and now there's some pizza joint there. There was a place North at Killingsworth that was called Mr Burger but they didn't have huge burger. It was good though. It is now a very good Mexican place called "Ole Frijole".

"The Spare Room" It's become our favorite "early, rainy day, bloody Mary, video poker, breakfast place". They open 7:00am every day. Even on Christmas Day. The BMs are served in pints. There's the coolest group of swing/graveyard shift guys that are there every time we've been in. Drinks/beers are cheap and so is the food. They frequently have live music but the place can get kind of sketchy at night.

Stanich's, 49th and Fremont has a long standing reputation for "best burgers". Maybe that's the place?

I haven't been to Stanich's for many years. After George passed there was some kind of turmoil between family members and the service was TERRIBLE, sometimes an hour or more to get food. These days they're not open very often and when they are there's still parking near the place at noon.

I like that Breakside will turn anything into a burger...

Like this ruben-burger with bacon....
View attachment 417699

Anything on their menu, burger or not, is great. Love their food, and I think their beer is even better. Especially the salted caramel stout and the Aztec. Good thing I don't live closer, but it makes a great short ride destination or pit-stop during the sunny months.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top