JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally! That is what my wife said when I finally decided which gun she was going to buy me for our anniversary, 22years!!

I remembered seeing a Saiga 7.62x39 at the Rickreall gun show last week and said that is what I want. Didn't think we had the cash for it though so I passed on it. Last night she got tired of me whining about it and told me to just buy the damn thing! I pm'd ABG to see if they still had it. Went over to Corvallis this morning, after making a good deal ( really like dealing with the guys at ABG!) I came home with my brand new Saiga!
Now I need to sell my Lee loading kit so I can buy some ammo!
Just got to say it again, BEST WIFE EVER!
View attachment 195344

Thanks guys!

Yep, got one 30 rounder.
Plan on doing the trigger move.

Anything I need to worry about/change out with the 7.62?

she may be. however, by the sounds of it i would give it a rest. we have all been their and you dont want to push it. just my $.02 don't want to se your new toy posted here before you had a chance to really enjoy it. congrats. on 22.

Don't know if it'll take AK mags or not. It is NIB with a born on date of Aug 30, 2009. Other than putting an AK mag in and trying, is there a way to tell?

Don't know if it'll take AK mags or not. It is NIB with a born on date of Aug 30, 2009. Other than putting an AK mag in and trying, is there a way to tell?

Look at the front of the mags. If there is a dip in the front compared to the sides it will take the standard AK's. If the front is the same height as the sides then it only takes Saiga mags. During the ban is when the Saiga came about with the sporter stock and 10 rd mags to apease the gun grabbers. It also used a different mag which would not allow the use of AK mags. Some people modified the guns but it is easy enough to fix the mags.

You may want to try cycling the aftermarket mag. The promag looks to be the AK version with the lower feed lip.

Send me a PM if the Promag doesnt work.

Congrats Bill I'm surprised she's put up with 22yrs of you!!!

:s0005:

She never got me anything that nice.

Merry Christmas too!!

T_H

Thanks T_H, I'm surprised also! (Are you my daddy?)

Deadeye: Got some ammo today, cycled both mags just fine. I'll have to wait to actually fire it to tell for sure.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top