JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got a pistol someone did a Krylon home special on and would love to hear the best way to remove it. They started to try to remove it in some areas and didn't do so well. I'd like it back to it's stainless goodness again. Please help! Any suggestions?

Get a can of MEK . Wipe some on, let it set a bit, wipe. As suggested above, an old toothbrush works well--if the MEK doesn't eat it!

hmmm... stainless.... how bout some good old break fluid - its known to strip paint when you don't want it to and shouldn't harm stainless. Not so sure on how it interacts with various plastics, etc... just brush a bit on it and let it sit for a while - watch the paint bubble up.

I'm thinking the old standard dot3 type - some of the newer ones might not work the same.

If it's all stainless tear it down to the bare metal and toss it in your favorite paint thinner. Brake cleaner would work as well. Either way you've got to really clean it all off once it's done eating the paint away.

I had just done this with a KelTec P11 it had several coats to paint...tried soaking in break fluid, worked but slow. I went out and bought a spray can of paint stripper, this and a brush cleaned it up in less than 20 mins. have some water on hand as this nuterlizes (sp) the stripper. note I had stripped the gun to the frame. looks like new now.

Ken

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads