JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys have room at the table!?

We just started hosting Turkey day and luckily for me I'm working late that day.

My family is drama. Not my home family just siblings and parents so I won't be too upset missing it.

Hmmm.... me, I brine two 16 lb birds in a citrus brine, rub them with a paprika, brown sugar rub, and then smoke them with apple wood in my smoker at 225 for about 4 to 5 hours in my smoker.....yummy!:)

image.jpeg

Cajun injection and a deep fryer (fried in peanut oil). Perfectly cooks the turkey to a crispy skinned, tender melt in your mouth succulent morsel. And it only takes around 45 minutes. Seriously, you'll never want to prepare your turkey any other way. Amazing.

Picked up 4 pheasants last Friday in Silverton. Hung them till Monday then butchered. Made a meaty gravy with all but the breast to go over a wild rice mixture. The breast will be dipped in a special Dijon sour cream and chive sauce coated with herb bread crumbs then baked.

I have two 13lb birds ones going in the smoker injected with apricot marinade with applewood chips! Mmm good!!!
2nd one done the traditional way in the oven.
We have 10 people coming to our new house. :)

Stacy

When I read the topic I though we were going to discus the different ways you hold your fingers while FLIPPING THE "BIRD". :oops:

Just Wifey and I. 13# bird rubbed with olive oil, garlic powder and in the oven 'till done. Oh, I might throw some fresh herbs,celery,onion in the cavity too. Served with mashed potatoes and acorn squash. I did pick up a couple of small yams too....Bake, peel, cut, butter salt pepper and brown sugar and back in the oven to get good.

Not fancy, we really prefer the sandwiches and enchiladas after more than the main meal anyway.

Brine over night in a water bath with salt, brown sugar, fresh thyme, rosemary, sage, pepper corns and onion.

The next morning wash the brine off and pat dry, stuff the bird then smear butter all over the turkey. Cover the turkey with cheese cloth and pour almost a whole bottle of red wine over the turkey, roast in oven until done.

When I read the topic I though we were going to discus the different ways you hold your fingers while FLIPPING THE "BIRD". :oops:

That was my first thought also...

Anyway, I slather/inject the bird with Cajun Butter and then I use the "trashcan" method of cooking it. Always comes out juicy and tender.

Ray

Some great ideas here, I do have to agree with the deep fried turkey... Did this one time with a neighbor who had a deep fryer setup. Truly the most delicious turkey I've ever had... But there was no gravy... :(

My traditional method is to use my proprietary mix of marjoram, rosemary, thyme, dill weed, oregano, parsley, sea salt and black pepper. Blend this with butter and also place under the skin and a bit on the surface.

The last hour of baking is spent cultivating a golden brown hue on the bird...

Add in my own stuffing mix, oven roasted Rosemary and sage red potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, candied yams, butternut squash, garlic and almond green beans and my own homemade pumpkin pies... That pretty much covers my dinner menu...

I'll top it off with authentic Irish Coffee made by a real leprechaun!

And yes, I will spend the day in the kitchen prepring the entire meal as my wife relaxes and spends time with the girls and friends...

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Brine over night in a water bath with salt, brown sugar, fresh thyme, rosemary, sage, pepper corns and onion.

The next morning wash the brine off and pat dry, stuff the bird then smear butter all over the turkey. Cover the turkey with cheese cloth and pour almost a whole bottle of red wine over the turkey, roast in oven until done.
One of my golfin buddies says he brine's his in root beer over nite. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads