JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've noticed that the most expensive and most difficult to obtain component of reloading is bullets. I've located primers, powders with some ease and ok prices, but holy cow are bullets expensive and hard to find.

Reloading 9mm 115 grains, a box of Berry plated 1000 bullets is about $80. Xtreme bullets is a little more when I buy two boxes of 500. I've only bought them at the Tualatin Cabelas when they've been in sale for about $5 less.

Do you experienced reloaders have suggestions on the cheapest, best way to buy bullets, whether at a local store or online? Or is what I've listed the best that it gets in terms of price and availability? Thanks in advance for all your answers.

Are you trying to cast the bullets and are wanting to buy lead billets, or did you mean best way to buy Bullets?

No casting or making lead bullets, I'm talking about buying plated or jacketed bullets that's pre-made.
Gotcha. Wasn't sure from the title.

For bulk bullets, I usually go with Berrys when they're on sale. Sometimes you can find em for $70 per 1,000 count.

When you buy 4,000 at a time you can often get a good discount on them or other plated bullet manufacturers.

I check here and Armslist every morning. I just bought 4000 Bayou 9mm 147gr TC coated for $55/1000 found on Armslist when I was in AZ.

How much do you shoot in a year? How much cash could you put up at one time? If you message most suppliers with an order for 25-35k+ you can get significant discounts. 30%+ off retail. I usually try to buy bullets 2x a year with a buddy to get that discount.

Gallant bullets is the best deal I have found for 9mms 147.

If you must run jacketed or plated your best bet is precision delta (actual jacketed bullets for around the same price or cheaper than crappy plated bullets) but if you load in any quantity coated cast bullets like bayou bullets are a far better value and perform as well as jacketed and better than plated.

Midway sometimes has 'factory seconds' (sale going on now). I use them when they have free shipping or your 'birthday discount' as that will sometimes be enough price difference to offset another outfit's shipping costs. I use ammoseek.com, as others mentioned, to figure out specific caliber/grain weights. There is also a rebate (started today) for Speer bullets, so you could look into that. It's a good way to get some money back if you like Gold Dots. When I'm embarking on a new caliber, it does take some research, as I usually want to find a mix of types (range practice, home defense, hunting, etc. in various weights and manufacturers) so I can test them in different guns. Once I know what works best for my equipment, then I try to buy in bulk.

Good luck in your search.

I check here and Armslist every morning. I just bought 4000 Bayou 9mm 147gr TC coated for $55/1000 found on Armslist when I was in AZ.
Those Hi-Tec coated lead bullets are really cool. I just ran a bunch through my 10mm at plated bullet speed and they were great for training I didn't try to really group them but they struck me as awesome , I loaded 500 . Stock Glock barrel after 100 rounds no build up , little tiny bit of lead on the crown that was it .

Buy them like drugs. Over the internet and in large quantities. Your delivery driver will love the cardio.

How much do you shoot in a year? How much cash could you put up at one time? If you message most suppliers with an order for 25-35k+ you can get significant discounts. 30%+ off retail. I usually try to buy bullets 2x a year with a buddy to get that discount.

Gallant bullets is the best deal I have found for 9mms 147.
Oh, Sure....
NOW you tell me..... :rolleyes::mad:

I've switched to coated (Blue Bullets, Bayou & Acme) for all (but my 44) a few years ago and have been very happy.

Good quality and great prices. Usually free shipping if you buy even in relatively small bulk (3-4k). Many of them run sales or have discount codes available. If you are buying in significant bulk or use their "subscription program" I think that Blue Bullets offers an extra discount as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top