JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wired....I don't know what RCW codes you are reading. But NO private citizen shall own ANY SBR or SBS in the state of Washington. That includes imported complete rifles or you build one from a kit. Regardless whether or not there is a serial number on ANY part. Including say the sight tower or the trigger gaurd. There is no way around the State law owning SBR's or SBS's. It simply is not allowed. Unless you are a cop with a department weapon. If you are a cop, than we all know that you can get away with more than the average citizen when it comes to bending the rules. :gun01:

Wired....I don't know what RCW codes you are reading. But NO private citizen shall own ANY SBR or SBS in the state of Washington. That includes imported complete rifles or you build one from a kit. Regardless whether or not there is a serial number on ANY part. Including say the sight tower or the trigger gaurd. There is no way around the State law owning SBR's or SBS's. It simply is not allowed. Unless you are a cop with a department weapon. If you are a cop, than we all know that you can get away with more than the average citizen when it comes to bending the rules. :gun01:

You need to re read. This got into a discussion that also included silencers. Silencers you can own. SBR's and SBS's you cannot. AOW's and big bore DD's you can own. Weapons made from a rifle you cannot....maybe.

"Not short barreled shotguns or short barreled rifles. You can not put a 10 inch barrel on a UZI. No more sawed of shotguns. The barrel HAS to be 18 inches long on a shot gun. The barrel on a rifle HAS to be 16 inches long on a rifle. The overall length of the said weapon has to be no less than 26 inches. With a folded stock folded. Yes you can own and posses a suppressor, BUT don't get caught shooting it. In this state if you are caught shooting with a supressor it is a gross misdimeanor. Unless you are on Federal property like Fort Lewis or Yakima training center, etc. I guess a supressor might be considered an AOW. I guess if you are a LEO those laws don't apply. I am talking about the average citizen."

Thats where it got confused. You were assuming that a silencer is an AOW. Its not. Its just a silencer. And the laws do apply to LEO's whether they like that or not. . FWIW Overall length at 26" is measured in accordance with federal standards with folding stock unfolded. Not folded. Some states like Michigan require OAL to be folded. Thats why we have 19" Uzi barrels . Washington is not one of those states. Most run of the mill folding stock AK's are less than 26" with the stock folded. As far as the sawed off shotgun thats a no go but since most sawed offf shotguns also have a pistol grip only it is possible to build a short barrel AOW as a pistol grip shotgun with a short barrel and have the same effect. Needs to be froma virgin receiver or bought new from a manufacturer as such.

As far as the sawed off shotgun thats a no go but since most sawed offf shotguns also have a pistol grip only it is possible to build a short barrel AOW as a pistol grip shotgun with a short barrel and have the same effect. Needs to be froma virgin receiver or bought new from a manufacturer as such.

That really sucks for our neigbors up north

BMW2, if you have no plans to permanently cross the Columbia River bridge, here is herhaps, one of the very few options you have. This one transfers with a Form4 and a $5 tax stamp::D
super_shorty_870.jpg
<broken link removed>

I'd double check with local LEO if this type of AOW passes WA muster, being so close to a SBS and all.

That really sucks for our neigbors up north

BMW2, if you have no plans to permanently cross the Columbia River bridge, here is herhaps, one of the very few options you have. This one transfers with a Form4 and a $5 tax stamp::D
super_shorty_870.jpg
<broken link removed>

I'd double check with local LEO if this type of AOW passes WA muster, being so close to a SBS and all.

Serbu's are legal in washington with a tax stamp. LEO's don't know anything about this stuff. They are the worst people you could ask next to gun shop workers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top