JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought mine at the sportsmans warehouse in Salem whn it was still called that. They are Stearns brand Mad Dog line in real tree and pretty quiet in the brush.

I went to Cabelas and DIcks here in Eugene, spent about 4 hours in these two stores today. came home with bags full of pants, they are all going back tomorrow. I really liked the Sitka pants at Cabelas, but they were out of XL.

gamehide journey pants in realtree ap the day i got them i wasnt convinced because they are extremely lightweight and very very quiet so i had my brother spray me with the hose while wearing them and i stayed bone dry. while i was wearing them during my hunt last week i did notice that the bottoms of them "wick up" water on the inside. they did this until i discovered the buttons on the bottom of the legs where you can prevent water from gettin inside... other wise they are great. another brand i recommend is sitka. they are a little more expensive but well worth it.

So, I ended up getting Filson double tin oil skin pants. I took them home and hemmed them and have hunted in some hard rain. I have stayed dry under the pants. The best part is that while walking through blackberries the thorns tend to slide off the pants.

They are hemmed correctly and I wear suspenders with them so they are pretty quiet, they don't rub together.

So, I ended up getting Filson double tin oil skin pants. I took them home and hemmed them and have hunted in some hard rain. I have stayed dry under the pants. The best part is that while walking through blackberries the thorns tend to slide off the pants.

They are hemmed correctly and I wear suspenders with them so they are pretty quiet, they don't rub together.

Where did you get the Filson pants? Local store or online?

I have tried the "other" stuff and nothing comes close to wool. Wool will get wet but will keep you warm. I know that sounds weird but it works and nothing beats it. I would not buy lined wool pants, the liner is usualy cotton which you want to stay away from. I wear a pair of underarmour long johns under the pants. last year was the 1st year that I wore the underarmour long johns and they are great with wool!

Wool repels water naturaly without any coating but after all day in a down poor, they will hold water and will get heavier, that is a downside but not too much. Snow will also compact on wool if you sit in the snow or around your cuffs, it will get heavier but not too terrible bad. Nothing is quieter than wool. You don't have to buy Filson to get good wool. I have various manufacturers and like all kinds. I have a pair of German Military Slacks that are tight woven and extremely warm. I paid $5 for them (new).

I have tried the "other" stuff and nothing comes close to wool. Wool will get wet but will keep you warm. I know that sounds weird but it works and nothing beats it. I would not buy lined wool pants, the liner is usualy cotton which you want to stay away from. I wear a pair of underarmour long johns under the pants. last year was the 1st year that I wore the underarmour long johns and they are great with wool!

Wool repels water naturaly without any coating but after all day in a down poor, they will hold water and will get heavier, that is a downside but not too much. Snow will also compact on wool if you sit in the snow or around your cuffs, it will get heavier but not too terrible bad. Nothing is quieter than wool. You don't have to buy Filson to get good wool. I have various manufacturers and like all kinds. I have a pair of German Military Slacks that are tight woven and extremely warm. I paid $5 for them (new).

A couple of years ago I became a firm believer in wool socks. My feet sweat much less when I wear them and they are warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Great stuff. I just haven't had the motivation to buy wool clothes. Looking at the price of quality rain gear might get me the motivation that I need though.

I really like my Cabelas Gortex Upland bird hunting pants. They are a nice green, but not a camo pattern. Used them last December on a coyote hunting trip when it was very cold with lots of snow and couldn't have been more comfortable give the conditions. We did pretty much three solid days of eastern oregon predator hunting in a row with temps below freezing in the morning.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top