JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hello,

I was curious if any of you have researched and bought a water filtration bottle yet?
If power and water both go out it will be important to have clean drinkable water.

who makes the best? I have seen them at Dicks and REI but they are spendy.

Ideas? thoughts?

I have been using this in the back country for a year or two and have been very happy.
Katadyn Vario Multi Flow Water Microfilter
Amazon.com: Katadyn Vario Multi Flow Water Microfilter: Sports & Outdoors
41P045093FL._SS400_.jpg

Check out Sawyers bottle systems. The have both a filter bottle and a true purifier bottle. Their products are used in disasters relief all over the world. I ordered some samples as I was considering becoming a dealer. Anyway they both work extremely but the purifier model requires the lungs of Sampson to suck water thru it but the filter isn't too bad.

For a bottle, the Lifesaver is the best; for a pump/filter system the Katadyn is the best. Anyone serious about having safe water should have both + iodine/Purodene or other treatment applications.

Quality/dependability of these items is of utmost importance. A cheap bottle with filter for $30 off Ebay won't do it. As in won't protect you from minute pathogens.

Drinkable water is more important than food, ammo, or guns; to put it into perspective.

good stuff, I have been looking at the katadyn, seems like a great brand from what I have read. These are all great ideas, thanks

Man after the news today with the earthquake, folks would be crazy to NOT get something like this.

I picked up a first need XL water purifier. Its a little big, but for the $80 I paid for it I can't complain. Seems to be one of the more highly regarded ones out there. Plus you can hook a nalgene bottle right up to it to pump the water into. Not really a small piece of kit or really what the OP is looking for, but it works pretty dang good.

I have several Sawyers and Sport Berkeys, I prefer the Sport Berkeys because it is a better physical size than the Sawyer IMO. Both do the job that they were intended to do and the filtered water tastes great, the Sport Berkey just takes up less space in the daypack compared to the Sawyer.

by chance do you have a link Cheese? where did you get yours?

First Need XL Water Purifier at REI.com

I had a 20% off and my refund thing from them so I gots it cheeeeep. Although I do believe that you have to get the adaptor for the nalgene bottle separate IIRC. I think you can also get them so that they screw directly into a camel back and such. Never really found a bad review of them. Only complaint is that filters are $40.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top