JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@bbbass , yes...Sea Hunt! My parents had a boat in SoCal that we went to every other week. I never ended up diving but my cousin and I use to recreate the episodes in our pool. Super cool memory.

Having watched that and dreamed during my youth, I was surprised that I didn't get my diver's cert until I was mid-40s. Then went on to get a Master Diver NAUI cert. Cool beans. But maybe I waited so long because of all the dead divers I picked up as USCG SAR.... had a family and don't believe in doing risky sports til the kids are out of the home and on their own.

Picked up asthma in my 40's when I was seriously considering diving. Agree on the risky stuff...got most of that out of the way before kids with racing and rock climbing. Glad you were able to get into it.

Picked up asthma in my 40's when I was seriously considering diving. Agree on the risky stuff...got most of that out of the way before kids with racing and rock climbing. Glad you were able to get into it.

Well I had childhood asthma, then years of working around jet exhaust gave me COPD, and have always had, and still have, exercise induced asthma. Yet, I was a champion swimmer as long as I didn't compete at any of the longer distances... I could usually hold it off for that long. The thing I learned from having asthma is breath control.... very advantageous for a scuba diver. I could make a tank of air last for longer than most because I knew how to relax my breathing and not work too hard in the water.

I enjoyed diving in St. Thomas, Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Puerta Vallarta, Puget Sound, San Juan Islands, and the Columbia River. I can honestly say that I don't enjoy cold water diving all that much, but it was necessary for my certs. Seeing Giant Pacific Octopus at Keystone Jetty north of Seattle was a treat. But my old bozz still dives and is diving in Fiji quite a bit, and my cousin dives in Thailand... I'm jealous... due to the meds I take I can't do it anymore. The physics of blood chemistry at pressure makes things go wrong for people with meds in their blood.

My oldest brother was into rock climbing... until he had a fall and that was enough. I'd rather be under the water!!!

So many mentioned I haven't seen but some of my favorites

Bonanza
Star Trek the next generation
Columbo-my mom would let me stay up "late" to watch this with her)
Doctor who (modern but the classics are also fun. David tennant and Matt Smith especially. Haven't seen the ones with the lady yet). Anyone else? Probably my top all-time show
The boondocks
Jericho-some of you guys must have seen this. The first season more so, and I thought they did a good job wrapping it up in the last episode
Phineas and ferb- smart and funny! Nice to watch when I need to not think about real things. Someone else own up to this one!

If you watch the video, they decided not to destroy the scope they had mounted on the 50 cal.

Although at $2500 it was more expensive than any rifle + optic combo I own..

I paid $1,800.00 for my upper 4 years ago and $50.00 into the 80% magless lower + another $50.00 for the stock and small parts. Plus $600.00 into a scope.

Last Edited:
Phineas and ferb- smart and funny! Nice to watch when I need to not think about real things. Someone else own up to this one!
I will! Used to watch it with my young'ns when they were little. Why, yes. Yes, I did.

Hey, where's Perry...??? o_O

If you watch the video, they decided not to destroy the scope they had mounted on the 50 cal.

Although at $2500 it was more expensive than any rifle + optic combo I own..
I am close on two rifle - scope combos. New guns only. I don't think that I will ever break that barrier though unless my Vortex scope dies on my AR15 and I upgrade. Plus, I don't think that I could afford the ammo for the .50 BMG.

Gunny was a character. His voice/patter takes some getting used to. I still have some episodes that I haven't watched. RIP Gunny.

Off the top of my head

Comedies:

Drew Cary
Psych
Monk
Home Improvement
Last man Standing
Two and a Half Men (Charlie Sheen)
Big Bang Theory

Crime Dramas:

Law & Order
CSI (original Las Vegas)