JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's "tactical"??

Ninja stuff?

Zombie targets?

tac·ti·cal
[tak-ti-kuhl]

adjective

1. of or pertaining to tactics, especially military or naval tactics.

2. characterized by skillful tactics or adroit maneuvering or procedure: tactical movements.

3. of or pertaining to a maneuver or plan of action designed as an expedient toward gaining a desired end or temporary advantage.

4. expedient; calculated.

5. prudent; politic.

I like Rainier Arms in Auburn. have been in there window shopping a couple of times and spent a lot of time designing my "panic" build on their website. I like the new SAA store in Tacoma but it general and fair tactical I'd say tho I am no space shuttle door gunner by any stretch of the imagination. So others should comment on that. WAC show in Puyallup had a fair amount of tactical stuff. Nice to see some ammo and 700 dollar modern sporting rifles.

Brutus Out

Rainier Arms is the bomb diggity! The show room at their new digs is really cool. If you are in the Portland area then Curt's is the place to go. Gary

Curt's is so tactical they give you a black nylon car cover and velcro ties downs when you pull in the parking lot. The parking lot is actually made of ground up kydex.

Seriously. I'm talking way major tactical here.

Hmmm, newby on the board starts out with snarky comments and tells other members to go elsewhere. Classy way to introduce yourself. Edit - NOT!

To be fair, the OP was registered here before you. Also, though I'm sure Jerry was just being a smart aleck, we all know what the OP meant with his question. OP's comment was a bit harsh though. Not trying to be a mediator here, but we could all stand to be a little more patient with others on the board.

At the gun broker at any given day you can find 2 or 20 AR, AK and tactical shotguns. It varies but it is reasonable and they have many used that are in great condition and prices are fair. It is not my go to shop but it has its appeal if you are just looking for random tactical stuff they always have extra used mags and such. Hit it on the right day and you can find great stuff. When Frontline opens back up from their moving locations they have great stuff and can get anything you want and do have the best prices around. M&P AR sports ran 599 when they got a few in.

I've never been to Rainier but have been to every where else mentioned. Quantico is large with lots of stuff and is right near Tactical Tailor for your pack and pouch needs. They don't seem very friendly if you don't look LEO or mil even if you are former or reserves. May just have been that my wife was with when we went as we were headed to Seattle. Surplus Arms and Ammo used to be right there but I believe that location is only ammo now and they moved their FFL and I have not been in their new location. The old location had a ton of ammo on Costco style racks, a fair number of firearms..this was mid panic and as they were moving shop but they always seem to have plenty. Scopes,mounts,etc but not much for holsters and zero for carriers/pouches/etc.

The Albany US Tactical shop is small with lots of office space in the back. The owner (son of owner?) is very nice and I see them at the Oregon knife show and and also stop by their shop every year. They haven't had a lot of firearms related things when I have been in there but do have a small section. Similar ratio of firearms to other gear as Quantico, just a very small shop. I think they do a lot of online sales and LEO and custom firearms built in the back rather than focusing on regular retail customers.

Blackwater is mostly firearms. Very large store but not packed like other places. They had an airsoft section that I believe is now gone. Last time I was in they were drywalling so things may have changed with more gear and things in addition to their large black rifle selection.
Owner is very nice and helpful and my experiences there are much different than what other people have posted. I'm in Salem weekly so try and stop in regularly to atleast look around.

Curts has lots of black rifles, suppressors, magazines, tools, and the largest Magpul selection I have ever seen. They always seem to be busy. A few belts maybe and Magpul slings but not much for soft gear. Prices seem to be very good for a brick and mortar and without some work searching, generally beat online prices for Magpul items. Small shop, with lots of magpul and guns.

Threat Dynamics has a 2 lane range and a simulator range. Almost nothing for sale except a handful of pistols and some random surplus things. Mostly just shirts with their logo. This is a range primarily and not a retail shop. Has a large selection of rental pistols to try out. I believe they are the only indoor shotgun and rifle range in the area. I've never been on
their range and only downstairs in their shop area so don't know details.

None of these stands out as the best. They are all very good, each with slightly different inventory. We are lucky to have so many good shops and the best one is the one closest to
you where you can develop a relationship with the owners and support your local gun shop.

I've never been to Rainier but have been to every where else mentioned. Quantico is large with lots of stuff and is right near Tactical Tailor for your pack and pouch needs. They don't seem very friendly if you don't look LEO or mil even if you are former or reserves. May just have been that my wife was with when we went as we were headed to Seattle. Surplus Arms and Ammo used to be right there but I believe that location is only ammo now and they moved their FFL and I have not been in their new location. The old location had a ton of ammo on Costco style racks, a fair number of firearms..this was mid panic and as they were moving shop but they always seem to have plenty. Scopes,mounts,etc but not much for holsters and zero for carriers/pouches/etc.

The Albany US Tactical shop is small with lots of office space in the back. The owner (son of owner?) is very nice and I see them at the Oregon knife show and and also stop by their shop every year. They haven't had a lot of firearms related things when I have been in there but do have a small section. Similar ratio of firearms to other gear as Quantico, just a very small shop. I think they do a lot of online sales and LEO and custom firearms built in the back rather than focusing on regular retail customers.

Blackwater is mostly firearms. Very large store but not packed like other places. They had an airsoft section that I believe is now gone. Last time I was in they were drywalling so things may have changed with more gear and things in addition to their large black rifle selection.
Owner is very nice and helpful and my experiences there are much different than what other people have posted. I'm in Salem weekly so try and stop in regularly to atleast look around.

Curts has lots of black rifles, suppressors, magazines, tools, and the largest Magpul selection I have ever seen. They always seem to be busy. A few belts maybe and Magpul slings but not much for soft gear. Prices seem to be very good for a brick and mortar and without some work searching, generally beat online prices for Magpul items. Small shop, with lots of magpul and guns.

Threat Dynamics has a 2 lane range and a simulator range. Almost nothing for sale except a handful of pistols and some random surplus things. Mostly just shirts with their logo. This is a range primarily and not a retail shop. Has a large selection of rental pistols to try out. I believe they are the only indoor shotgun and rifle range in the area. I've never been on
their range and only downstairs in their shop area so don't know details.

None of these stands out as the best. They are all very good, each with slightly different inventory. We are lucky to have so many good shops and the best one is the one closest to
you where you can develop a relationship with the owners and support your local gun shop.

Good review :s0155:

Son in law treated me to a one hour session at Threat Dynamics the week before last. Lots of fun and very realistic scenarios. We did the single screen upstairs version first and then went downstairs for the 300 degree simulator. We did real life scenarios as well as a USPSA style steel target scenario. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. They do have membership and heavily discounted rates if you buy $100 worth of time.

The range is two lanes but adequate. Soundproofing is good as well. They want you to clean up after yourself and that's fine with me, especially since I like to keep my brass.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top