JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Son in law treated me to a one hour session at Threat Dynamics the week before last. Lots of fun and very realistic scenarios. We did the single screen upstairs version first and then went downstairs for the 300 degree simulator. We did real life scenarios as well as a USPSA style steel target scenario. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. They do have membership and heavily discounted rates if you buy $100 worth of time.

The range is two lanes but adequate. Soundproofing is good as well. They want you to clean up after yourself and that's fine with me, especially since I like to keep my brass.

Pirate, I have been curious about that place but never knew they did have real lanes. Is it fair price to shoot and can you shoot your own ammo? I do want to do the simulator as I have heard it is really a lot of fun but had no idea they had a live range...thought it was just simulation. If its reasonable and you can keep your brass I would join up as it is very close to my place compared to any other range.

Pirate, I have been curious about that place but never knew they did have real lanes. Is it fair price to shoot and can you shoot your own ammo? I do want to do the simulator as I have heard it is really a lot of fun but had no idea they had a live range...thought it was just simulation. If its reasonable and you can keep your brass I would join up as it is very close to my place compared to any other range.

Best bet is to just stop in and see for yourself. Range time is $20 for a half hour and they do charge an additional $5.00 to use your own ammo. Again, range is only 2 lanes, so it's not the same as an outdoor action range. Ask about their deals for additional sessions on the simulator or live range. I don't remember exactly what it was, but if you prepaid $100, you got one heck of a lot of additional time.

Best bet is to just stop in and see for yourself. Range time is $20 for a half hour and they do charge an additional $5.00 to use your own ammo. Again, range is only 2 lanes, so it's not the same as an outdoor action range. Ask about their deals for additional sessions on the simulator or live range. I don't remember exactly what it was, but if you prepaid $100, you got one heck of a lot of additional time.

Isn't it all super close range there ?

what about Code-3 Public Safety equipment in Salem? and 9-1-1 Supply in Keizer? I realize they aren't "tactical firearms" stores, but they do offer tactical equipment; most of which are used by the police officers and security guys in the area.... most of the stores mentioned are decent; although live I've said elsewhere; online prices are usually better by far.......except in some cases where its cheaper than online prices.
as for Airsoft stores and Paintball stores..eh the quality of most of the gear are nowhere close to being on par with Condor/Voodoo Tactical..... which is considered "low end" ;)

I've never been to Code 3 or 911 but have heard of them. May have to check them out next week when down that way. Uniform type shops?

Blumenthal Uniform on Aurora in Seattle has a full inventory of 5.11 stuff in their showroom including packs and pouches. They also have a wall of flashlights. I think they had some other tactical/duty gear but I can't remember what. I haven't been there since last February. If you stop by, check out Seattle Fabrics down the street if you have any interest in making your own. They always have inexpensive large leftover cuts of OD green cordura if you are an aspiring Dana Gleason or Logan Coffey. The price on cut to size cordura and other fabrics isn't bad and they have a large selection. I don't think they had ACU or Multicam or anything real tacticool.

I've never been to Code 3 or 911 but have heard of them. May have to check them out next week when down that way. Uniform type shops?

Blumenthal Uniform on Aurora in Seattle has a full inventory of 5.11 stuff in their showroom including packs and pouches. They also have a wall of flashlights. I think they had some other tactical/duty gear but I can't remember what. I haven't been there since last February. If you stop by, check out Seattle Fabrics down the street if you have any interest in making your own. They always have inexpensive large leftover cuts of OD green cordura if you are an aspiring Dana Gleason or Logan Coffey. The price on cut to size cordura and other fabrics isn't bad and they have a large selection. I don't think they had ACU or Multicam or anything real tacticool.

911 Supply, LLC

and <broken link removed>

I get my Cordura materials locally; from The Rainshed (The Rainshed Inc. :) might have to check out Fabric Depot for some of the lightweight nylon ripstop materials for some ideas I have.... but that's on hold until I get a replacement part for my Singer.

Fabric Depots selection of outdoor fabrics is not very good. I'm by there once a month as I get brought along on the quilting fabric runs. (She saw me typing this and playfully tells me "shut your mouth beeyotch. its not that often. i wish it was that often!"). Anyway, I'm there often enough that I wish they had a better selection of that type of fabric.

Sorry, didn't mean to drag this off topic... or maybe it is on topic given the ambiguity of the OPs request. Gun get yo selves some tacitull fabric!

yeah; I just went to Fabric Depot's website...compared to The Rainshed; I'm gonna have to go with The Rainshed; as it has a whole lot better selection of outdoor fabrics...from canvas to durable water repellent stuff to silicon impregnanted nylon to cordura, both coated, uncoated and even vinyl lined durable water resistant cordura; and the big thing is that it IS local to me; just 15 minutes bike ride to there, pick up fabric and misc stuff, then ride back. I was hoping to find woodland camo nylon ripstop waterproof-breathable, the sort of thing they used on USGI ponchos...so that I could make myself a rain-fly for a hammock.

Why don't you read the reviews? We've spent years on them.

Not sure how that rates as "tactical"...

It would help if you said what you meant. ARs are ARs. "Tactical" is not a good word when talking to real shooters.

I think Any "Real Shooter" would have understood what I meant. I grew up in gun stores that were lined with bolt actions, shotguns, lever actions and a few pistols. There are stores that primarily carry black rifles, tactical style rifles--I could make you a list--AR's, Aks, Scar, XCR, ACR, etc. Shotguns that hold more than 3 rounds.

My reason for starting this thread was to find out what there might be in different parts of the Northwest. Gun stores come and go. The best feedback comes from those that do business with the actual store.

Maybe you could enlighten me as to what a "real shooter" is? Oddly enough, the number of posts has little to do with firearms savvy or shooting skills.

I got a pretty sweet 2.5" smith and wesson model 19, the bluing is so deep it's almost black. I just saw another one like it at Al's gun shop in Forest Grove. That's pretty tactical to me.

But honestly, beaver creek armory specializes in AR's and Keith's always has everything.

NW armory has Noveskes in stock almost always and Frontline arms in Beaverton is shaping up to have a pretty good selection once they get going. It's all going to depend on what specifically you are looking for. Each shop is going to be better or worse in specific categories.

But on the really real. The most tactical thing you can do is attend a proper defensive training course featuring dynamic movement.
http://www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com

http://www.thunderranchinc.com

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews