JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thunder Beast 22 Take down is pretty good also. I will try a DA Mask for my next one. Heard lots of good things about it.

I shoot mostly CCI Standard velocity through mine. Seems to be a bit cheaper than stuff that is labeled as subsonic.

I love my AAC Aviator 2 but really wish I'd spent $100 more and got a titanium/stainless one. This thing is silly quiet and super lightweight, just need to be careful when servicing it. For sound suppression, I'd put it up to any of the top price ones, but being aluminum it'll die long before them.

If you are getting one for sure go titanium and make sure you have someone to pass it on to !
Where were you when I had $$$ burning a hole in my pocket, LOL. I could have afforded the better one but just wanted to "dip my toes in" but realized I should have just jumped in head first.

Last Edited:
Are you guys shooting standard or high velocity?
I shoot standard velocity in nearly all of my 22LRs, including those with a suppressor. As for suppressor recommendations, I have a Gemtech Alpine from years ago, and a Dead Air Mask. I like them both. The Alpine is lighter as it is aluminum. The Mask is a bit heavier, which you don't really notice on a rifle, but may notice on a handgun. If purchasing my 1st rimfire suppressor, I would go with something that you can dissassemeble, and I like the stainless baffles in the Mask as they provide more flexibility when it comes time to clean. I clean them both before I reach 500 rounds, and I coat the internal parts with welding tip anti splatter spray from the welding supply store to make it easier to clean.

I really don't notice the weight of the mask.
IMG_20220610_200703847.jpg

I don't have a MK4, or any MK for that matter (yet), but I do have a Mask that goes between a few platforms (bolty, 10/22, AR22, TX22) - absolutely love the thing and highly recommend. The AR22 with the Mask is the most fun I've had in awhile - something about how quiet suppressed .22lr is just makes you giddy.

8CC7B923-CAA2-4C81-B56B-D0D69649BD9B.jpeg

Stainless or titanium baffles and CLR. So you can take this and make it look like this.

1675695011977.jpeg
1675694991904.jpeg

Doesn't really matter with .22. I've tested db levels of various with mil spec meter and protocols (including the cheapest real suppressor you can buy vs really high end ones) and there is so little difference between them in terms of sound levels it's not worth mentioning . If you use clean ammo then even materials doesn't make much difference Imo. I have a $107 one (on sale) that needed no cleaning after thousands of rounds Fe

Because of the endowment effect people don't want to hear this, I understand that. They want to know their expensive silencer is good. Well it is good. But so are the lowest end ones for 22lr. This is unique to 22lr and should not be extrapolated to other calibers.

I have the DA Mask and an OSS Rad 22. I almost always go with the Mask. I don't know if it's actually any noticeably bit better, as they both work well, but it is my go to. Immediately after the first time I had to clean it I got on Amazon and purchased an ultra sonic cleaner. Makes life so much easier.

I'm new to suppressors however this is my first and I got it specifically for my Mark 4 (plus some others here and there).

Rugged Oculus 22.

Modular can, nice and quiet...

20230131_181349.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR