JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking about getting a suppressor for one of my M1A's. What is the most effective suppressor that still allows it to cycle on standard ( not subsonic) ammunition? Is there one that's under $1000?

Thats a pretty wide open set of objectives. Just about any modern 30 cal silencer will do it . Keep in mind the action on those tends to get hammered pretty hard with a silencer attached and its one of the few guns where a recoil buffer is worth buying.

I dunno. The few videos I've seen made me think that the only way to get " No hearing protection needed" is subsonic ammo and that needed to be manually cycled.

I shoot full power 308's out of a bolt gun all the time with no hearing protection. .223's out AR's, Supersonic 300 BO's etc. Ive used my Sig titanium can on my friends M1a without issue. No louder than anything else. Its not quiet with full power loads but its not horrible. To the shooter it sounds like a .22 pistol more or less.

I will say that you will NEVER get an M1a to cycle subsonic ammo. You really want to cycle subs just build a 300 BLackout AR and bask in the glory.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top