Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best source for pistol powders?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by taylor, Jun 8, 2014.

1. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I'm finding it impossible to find reloading powders for pistol, all the internet sources and local stores seem to only be getting rifle powders. Is there somewhere I'm missing? where do you guys get your pistol powders?

2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

You have to be pretty aggressive about it if you want a specific powder. Find out when stores get their deliveries and try to get there as early as possible. You also have to be ready to buy. I've found being prepared to buy is better then anything as I've "lucked" into shops having powder and I can take advantage of it when I am there. Frankly, and please don't take this as being rude, if I had a source for hard to find powder I wouldn't be posting it on a public forum where are "Bob Scalper" member or not could read it.

3. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Frequent your lgs, wallmart, bimart, sportsmans, and other places like that. Nobody is having luck, but it is out there. If you are willing to pay a bit more, just look in the reloading classifieds. Stuff usually comes up there from time to time.

4. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

I found what I liked and now I just backorder primers and the 8lb buckets of powder at Cabelas online.

5. Nickb

Nickb Moxee Active Member

I didn't see any back order option on cabelas.com. I'm on waiting lists for online sources and a few local shops for powder.

6. Rockys

Rockys Clark county Member

Cabela's online has titegroup and auto comp right now.

7. Nickb

Tite group comes to $80 for 2 pounds. It would be worth the hazmat fee if you could get like 8 pounds.

8. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I ordered 2lb's each of Tightgroup and Auto- comp, theres a special on now and they waived the shipping, $20 for hazmat though, total for 4 lb's came to $115.

9. DeanfromOregon

DeanfromOregon Wilsonville Amateur Ascended Master Platinum Supporter

You are right! Last time I ordered in bulk was December 2012. I'm running low on some supplies, I think I need to stock up!

10. Nickb

Natchez has titegroup. I just got 10 pounds. Unless I find WST in a few months it looks like I will be switching to titegroup for my 45.

11. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Not any more. :(