Best source for pistol powders?

Reactions
I'm finding it impossible to find reloading powders for pistol, all the internet sources and local stores seem to only be getting rifle powders. Is there somewhere I'm missing? where do you guys get your pistol powders?

Reactions
You have to be pretty aggressive about it if you want a specific powder. Find out when stores get their deliveries and try to get there as early as possible. You also have to be ready to buy. I've found being prepared to buy is better then anything as I've "lucked" into shops having powder and I can take advantage of it when I am there. Frankly, and please don't take this as being rude, if I had a source for hard to find powder I wouldn't be posting it on a public forum where are "Bob Scalper" member or not could read it.

2Wheels4Ever

Reactions
Frequent your lgs, wallmart, bimart, sportsmans, and other places like that. Nobody is having luck, but it is out there. If you are willing to pay a bit more, just look in the reloading classifieds. Stuff usually comes up there from time to time.

Reactions
I didn't see any back order option on cabelas.com. I'm on waiting lists for online sources and a few local shops for powder.

Reactions
Tite group comes to $80 for 2 pounds. It would be worth the hazmat fee if you could get like 8 pounds.

OP
T
Reactions
I ordered 2lb's each of Tightgroup and Auto- comp, theres a special on now and they waived the shipping, $20 for hazmat though, total for 4 lb's came to $115.

I didn't see any back order option on cabelas.com. I'm on waiting lists for online sources and a few local shops for powder.
You are right! Last time I ordered in bulk was December 2012. I'm running low on some supplies, I think I need to stock up!

Reactions
Natchez has titegroup. I just got 10 pounds. Unless I find WST in a few months it looks like I will be switching to titegroup for my 45.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Responsive, courteous, great comms and absolutely reasonable!
    Bought a firearm from a local NWF's member and as I live in Idaho it had to transfer through a local FFL. The Seller picked A Cut Above... The...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Another sterling experience A+
    Tyler is a great man and this place is a treasure. Reasonable fees and excellent service. Kind and polite. No BS. I will keep coming back.
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
Top Bottom