Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Best solution/compound to clean and maintain shine on a S&W model 29 - all chrome

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by BigNickShooting, Jan 25, 2011.

1. BigNickShooting

BigNickShooting Centralia, WA Active Member

Hi there fellow gunners --

I need to hear some opinions on the best solution/compound used to maintain the exterior of a S&W model 29 that is all chrome.

I think I did something stupid when I wiped it out with some Remington wipes. Now it has some spots on it and I want to polish/shine it back.

Your ideas are greatly appreciated ...

"Gun control, in my opinion, means holding the gun with 2 hands" ...

2. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

Mother's Mag Polish. Available in your local auto store. You can't do much better than that. GunBrite and Flitz are second choices. Be sure to use a clean cloth and keep moving to a clean(er) area. It will turn black pretty quickly.

Works great on stainless, too.

With any compound, check a small, unobtrusive area to make sure the coating is what you think it is. I don't think you have much to fear here, though.

3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Like rodell said, Flitz would be good choice, I don't think Mag polish offer any protections.

4. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Flitz or craftsmen blue compound jewelry polish, and a Dremel with a felt wheel, will totally get the shine back and if you wear gloves while shooting, no need for fingerprints.