JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure of what to buy I am wanting a small center fire I have a rimfire 5mm and 22 but I want something faster and I already have a 257 Weatherby so I am thinking about a 204 what's everyone's favorite and why

It depends on what you want to do with it. Here in Oregon .22 center fire is the smallest caliber legal to hunt Deer with. For varmints the .17's are popular. I was looking for a left handed .204 Ruger and couldn't find one so got a .223 instead.

22-250 you can load it down to mimic .223 or up to almost reach .220 swift. All for the same cost.
Already had a Swift, but got tired ot the endless harping about the .22-250, so I traded into one of those as well. But, when you think that 4110 FPS was available in 1935. The latest and greatest have only recently broken that - and not by much.

Depends if you are looking for low cost, unique or interesting. Also if you are a reloader or not. I think the 20y is a very interesting choice. I have a 222 Remington magnum and if forced me to become a reloader.

I shoot steers with 22tcm great low cost cartridge. I load 50 grain jsp and it drops large bulls and old cows just fine. I guess it depends on your need. I own several 22cal. Center fire rifles and each has its pros and cons. I also have a couple 22wmr but you cannot reload which I enjoy very much.
just buy one of each you won't be disappointed!!!

17 Hornet
17_hornet_ammo_hornady__94291.1440185196.1280.1280.jpg
22 K-Hornet
Bjefoym.jpg

Or one of the .19 Calhoons
19-badger-doublesize.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR