JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reliability: pistol = Glock = rifle colt AR
Most common: 9mm - .223/556.
Knives, something quality made and super sharp.

Glock is simply an example of reliability along with the colt AR, but what ever high quality gun you got will probably be fine as long as when the time comes, it shoots, and you shoot it well.

I stash a 2 boxes of 9mm in my trunk of both cars. 100 rounds in each car well hidden under the spare. I try and rotate that out once per yr. If I am carrying [CC], it is a nine so if I am caught out and SHTF, likely I will have access to at least 100 rounds.

Home, 10k rounds of 9mm and .223/556 each. I rotate it on a constant basis. Buy new, place it into stock and shoot out of the stock on hand, oldest first. Each new box gets dated on the ends then placed with similar date ammo in boxes & shelves.

Last Edited:
Gerber knives makes a good survival knife. I wasn't going to get it because it's branded with Bear Grylls' name and logo (I don't watch his show), but it is actually a very good knife for under $80. Full tang, and a 4.8" drop point blade. Solid pommel for pounding stakes etc. It comes with a firestarter (I haven't tested it yet because wildfires) and built-in field sharpener. Some other well-thought out features. It feels very solid in my hand.

I also have a Ka-Bar 7" USMC model (NOTE: I have always been a fat-assed civilian, never a Marine). Everyone should have one of these.

Now I just need a good pocket knife to complete the set.

EDIT TO ADD: As for guns, I've only got my Colt 1911 .45 at the moment. That seems sufficient for the time being. I might have to snag an AR15 before they make 'em illegal to purchase here.

Last Edited:
Well I have a lot of choices but Handgun wise I have a PMR-30 with four magazines and two 100 round boxes of CCI 22 Mag I would naturally have my EDC Glock 33 and in that bugout pack I have an extra 120 rounds of 357 Sig. I also carry 200 extra 9MM for the wife's G-17. I have thought about putting my GP100 in the pack or my 629, but with the extra ammo they would need the weight adds up, so I nixed that. I have a Henry AR-7 survival rifle with three loaded eight round magazines in the Pack. A brick plus of 22LR. I need to add her 22LR LCR, it is light and accurate.
The pack itself is a USMC surplus that I got from Midway a few years back, just for this purpose. I have a Gerber Bear Gryll's knife with a Para cord handle, it could easily be transformed into a spear. The knife was about $12, so not one of Gerber's premier offerings but it will work as a camp knife too and has a Kydex sheath. I have my carry knives a Zero tolerance 350 and a Cold Steel 4" Stiletto. I have two Emerson Folders that could or should go in there too.
I have in the Pickup, a Gerber Machete, SOG entrenching tool and a small camp axe, 16" handle. (Also a twelve pack of toilet paper...Angel Soft I think)
I would grab the wife's 10-22 Takedown with 3 little magazines and six 25 round magazines and two AR's one with a Leopold scout scope and the other with a Leopold Reflex. Both have Irons. I have a lot of loaded magazine with 55 grain and a few with 62 grain, I would have at least 800 extra 62 Grain.
I need camping gear, tent, sleeping mats and bags, cooking stuff, and food, and water....just haven't gotten that far.
It is actually unrealistic medically for me to consider past five minutes and seventeen seconds... well not that bad, but a person only has so much medicine, so a month or two....

Ruger 10-22 takedown or Ruger MK3 Hunter and plenty of CCI minimags/stingers/velocitors. Both guns are easy to throw in a backpack, and ammo is light weight.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads