JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So Im building an AR15 and am wanting to put a decent scope on it. Iv looked into the Nikon M223 and the Redfield Battle Zone, but was curious what others thought. Not looking to spend more then 200 or so.

Does the $200 include mount or rings? What range are you going to be shooting at? What are you going to be shooting at? Where are you going to be shooting at?

Actually a one piece mount can be $100+. But for target shooting, you could get by with some standard rings and save some money for a better scope. At that range a good old fashioned 3-9 in a 1" tube and 40mm objective will do nicely. Keep an eye out on the used market for a Leupold VX-II or VX-2. At that range dohickies like adjustable objectives and target turrets add nothing but complexity, expense, and weight. Another good option is the Burris line. Around $2-250.

Here:

Weaver 1 Grand Slam Rings Lever Lock Matte Extra High

Burris Fullfield E1 Rifle Scope 3-9x 40mm Ballistic Plex E1 Reticle

Real nice Burris with the new E2 Plex reticle and a set of extra high rings for under $300.

I don't dislike the scope you mentioned, but I think they use shortcuts in scope quality to hit a certain price point. They are marketed at a specific crowd that look for certain features. like target turrets and large objectives. I think a plain Jane scope at a similar price point will have better glass and better construction. I'll take that over tactical whenever I can.

Take a look at Vortex scopes. They're in your price range and they have a lifetime warranty, which I can attest that they honor, no questions asked.

+1 on Vortex. Very nice quality and transferable lifetime warranty.

For $199, I just put a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 on my AR, mounted on an AeroPrecision ultralight 1" one-piece scope mount for $85. Check them out, they only weigh 2.98oz.:s0155:

I've been considering a Mueller scope, price is right and has pretty good reviews. maybe a fixed power 4 or 6. Other than that a Leupold M8 fixed power scope can be had for around 200

I like my Redfield Revolution. I have the 3-9x40, riding on a Nikon M-223 mount. Got the mount for $70. I'm in it over $300 for that combo though. If I had to go cheaper, I'd consider the Redfield Revenge. Weaver has some decent stuff in the $150 range. I like my M-223 mount. You can get a similar mount from Burris - their PEPR - which can be found even at WalMart for $65-70.

I have the battle zone on an AR. It is OK for $200. They are solid scope with good features (made in the Philippines) but the lens quality is so-so. Clarity and forgivness is OK but when you scan from side to side you can see the distortion in the lens. (at least in mine)

This mount Burris AR-PEPR Tactical Riflescope Rings with Mount FREE S&H 410342, 410344, 410343, 410341. Burris Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases. did come with rings and both plain tops and tactical looking mini rail tops.

View attachment 135418

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top