JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a beginner to rimfire rifles and I know someone asked about the best scope for a 22 rifle in general. But I wanted to ask those of you with experience with specifically this youth rifle which is quite a bit smaller than a regular rifle size. I'm going to train my kids on iron sights first but wanted to start researching scopes. We will not be going hunting but just shooting 25-50-100 yards while sitting at a bench. I know I'll need the scope mount that I saw on Amazon for about $15.

And so I'm looking for something cheaper and smaller that will fit a Savage Rascal for up to 100 yards. Any response would be appreciated. Budget is about $100 at the most. Thanks to all.

New Shooters need to be taught "Sight Picture, Trigger Squeeze" which can best be done with Iron Sights, IMHO. Upgrade to Receiver Sights and then think about a Scope. AGAIN IMHO!!!

If you have a basic rascal can you mount a scope on it .
I know the rascal VF-SR has scope mounts .
But not sure about the basic rascal.
There are plenty of cheap scopes out there for plinking.
For 40 or 50 bucks. I have one of these
On my 10/22 they work good.
Screenshot_2019-08-10_175701.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR