JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only reason I would ever drink beer is if I wanted to go to the bathroom in 30 minutes or so.
Beer tastes like feet and smells like 3 day old socks.
So it was written, so it shall be done...........:p

And your point is? Kinda sounds like some fine cheeses too? No? Besides, free flowing pee is a good thing for some of us once we get older. :rolleyes:

Keep an open mind as not all heavily hopped beers are bitter. I would have to research to find commercially offered beers that fit this profile but I hombrew some good ones using a sh!t ton of hops that are not too bitter. The key is when the hops are added. If they are added early on in the boil they will add greatly to the bitterness. Added late to the boil or after flameout you will mostly get the flavor and aroma without the overwhelming bitterness. I also whirlpool hop and dry hop for certain effect which does not add to bitterness. I also make a 4% session style beer using these methods so you can have more than one without putting your dauber in the dirt. Homebrewers have been pioneering many different methods that are slowly trickling up to the comm brew ranks with great effect. Cheers:s0090:

I was told by a beer vendor guy once when I was complaining to him. He believed that mega hops mean that you can cover off flavors, and that IPA and Pale Ales are the easier to brew compared to others. It sure makes sense to me. My brother has been grain brewing for about 15 years and brews some tasty beer. I don't think he bothers with IPAs though. Dunkels, Bocks, Doppelbock, Lagers and other not so common beers.

Reason to drink beer?
Now why cant they pass a law requiring everyone must drink a min a 6 pack a night? Sure be a happier place LOL.

They need to pass a law saying you can't change your avatar more than twice a year! :p

Reading and wondering who the new guy is! :D

They need to pass a law saying you can't change your avatar more than twice a year! :p
Reading and wondering who the new guy is! :D

I am unsure who I Identify as, since NWFA only has two bathrooms...:confused: Don't judge me, where is my safe place, I feel attacked ....:D:D:D:p:p:p

Nah it is just a style and flaws will come through even with copious amounts of hops. Many microbrews I have tried had glaring flaws that maker was trying to pass of as an intended style.

Nah it is just a style and flaws will come through even with copious amounts of hops. Many microbrews I have tried had glaring flaws that maker was trying to pass of as an intended style.

Here's the thing...If it tastes good to you? IT IS GOOD! I've tasted some of the brothers beer he had in a contest that got some horrible remarks from what I feel were rabid beer snobs judges! The stuff was delicious, and they judged it as tasting of used band aids. o_O

The other day I had a beer from a Yakima brewery. The beer had a long name but included the term "Fresh Hop". The bartender said it used a new type of hop that had all the hop flavor but without the bitterness.

He was right about the flavor and it was not bitter at all. Here's the proof: The Missus liked it! And she hates IPA's.

I brew a lemon blonde that I used to put the zest of 12 lemons into. It was a great lawnmower/summer beer. I got tired of zesting all those lemons, so I figured out a combo of hop varieties that gave me a floral lemon citrus taste/smell. Some of the newer hops are really interesting and bring out all kinds of different flavors.

Last Edited:
I just saw that brewers across the country are all going to be brewing an IPA called "Resilience". It was an original recipe from Sierra-Nevada Brewing in Chico CA and now dozens of companies are making a limited run using the same recipe and donating 100% of the sales (profits?) to the fund for the California victims of the wildfires.
Great idea and one I will be supporting.
I don't have a PROBLEM with this .
Where can I buy a pallet of it .lol

Trap Door Brewing in Vancouver is collaborating with Sierra Nevada to make the beer as a fund raiser for the Campfire victims. They began brewing today, I believe.

Flymph my preferred mixed breed is a Rubinator, which I didn't see on that list. McMenamin'a Ruby Tuesday and Terminator stout. I've had
the Bass/Guiness a few times and it gets my approval.

Flymph my preferred mixed breed is a Rubinator, which I didn't see on that list. McMenamin'a Ruby Tuesday and Terminator stout. I've had
the Bass/Guiness a few times and it gets my approval.
I'm pretty classic, but a bridgeport IPA and guiness was what I used to make. Now it is about whatever I feel like, but there weren't any choices for stout at local markets when I was doing that.
Mcmenamin's makes a good black and tan, or rubinator... maybe I can convince the lady to make a pit stop in our way through town tomorrow. :)

I know I have to buy at least one six pack for this cause.

To be clear, I am unsure if it's available canned or just on tap. I am thinking only on tap because it's a limited run, but don't know for sure.
What I do know is I will be tracking it down this weekend. Purely for research purposes.

I brew a lemon blonde that I used to put the zest of 12 lemons into. It was a great lawnmower/summer beer. I got tired of zesting all those lemons, so I figured out a combo of hop varieties that gave me a floral lemon citrus taste/smell. Some of the newer hops are really interesting and bring out all kinds of different flavors.

Well, at least you're not zesting sheep! ;)

I have a 5 gallon keg of Irish red ale and a 5 gallon keg of imperial pumpkin ale (Pumking clone) I brewed for the holidays.

20181124_103637.jpg

I brewed a pumpkin ale years ago I thought was terrible but my wife and some of the fam thought it was great. I tried some 6 months later and I was shocked how good it became. If I do it again I will brew it in the winter for the next fall.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top