JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just saw that brewers across the country are all going to be brewing an IPA called "Resilience". It was an original recipe from Sierra-Nevada Brewing in Chico CA and now dozens of companies are making a limited run using the same recipe and donating 100% of the sales (profits?) to the fund for the California victims of the wildfires.
Great idea and one I will be supporting.

Best Reason to Drink Beer

The way I figure it.....
GOD intended it to be that way.;)

god-and-beer-large.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I'll not be helping out. I don't drink all that over-hopped, bitter, nasty tasting stuff. Brewers have been ruining beer for a long time with too many hops and to much alcohol. They're even doing it to pilsners and lagers by hopping up into the 30+ IBUs and getting 7-8% ABV. I like to drink more than one pint if I'm having "Beers".

I'll not be helping out. I don't drink all that over-hopped, bitter, nasty tasting stuff. Brewers have been ruining beer for a long time with too many hops and to much alcohol. They're even doing it to pilsners and lagers by hopping up into the 30+ IBUs and getting 7-8% ABV. I like to drink more than one pint if I'm having "Beers".

I agree. IPAs are usually my last choice as I prefer a porter's malty goodness over a bitter hop taste.
But the point was that is is a good cause to help people out, and if I must suffer a bit, I will.

The only reason I would ever drink beer is if I wanted to go to the bathroom in 30 minutes or so.
Beer tastes like feet and smells like 3 day old socks.
So it was written, so it shall be done...........:p

Keep an open mind as not all heavily hopped beers are bitter. I would have to research to find commercially offered beers that fit this profile but I hombrew some good ones using a sh!t ton of hops that are not too bitter. The key is when the hops are added. If they are added early on in the boil they will add greatly to the bitterness. Added late to the boil or after flameout you will mostly get the flavor and aroma without the overwhelming bitterness. I also whirlpool hop and dry hop for certain effect which does not add to bitterness. I also make a 4% session style beer using these methods so you can have more than one without putting your dauber in the dirt. Homebrewers have been pioneering many different methods that are slowly trickling up to the comm brew ranks with great effect. Cheers:s0090:

The only reason I would ever drink beer is if I wanted to go to the bathroom in 30 minutes or so.
Beer tastes like feet and smells like 3 day old socks.
So it was written, so it shall be done...........:p
Who let you in here?

Reason to drink beer?
Now why cant they pass a law requiring everyone must drink a min a 6 pack a night? Sure be a happier place LOL.
Isn't already in the Second Amendment. "The right to keep beer and arms…"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads