JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Winchester is at the bottom because they had a bunch of defective primers that would pierce at the edge of the cup.
Also at the bottom of my list, I'll never buy another WW primer. Piercing with less than max loads, loose fit.

none affected the accuracy that I am capable of.
This is my situation. Other component issues are more worthy of study.

I've pretty much settled on CCI as my brand of choice. These days, when I do shoot, it's mostly AR15 / M1 Rifle / M1A, so I use CCI 41's and 34's.

Before their quality went off, I mostly used WW.

I've used RP without issues but (before Covid, anyway) they always cost a few more dollars for no good reason that I could see.

I've used FC, mainly I don't like them due to packaging size.

A few hundred Wolf have come my way, no problems.

I've bought a few bricks of S&B in a previous famine era, never had any problems with them. I think I mostly used their small and large rifle primers.

Yes, the small rifle will also work for small pistol.

I've loaded them in 9mm and fired them out of 8 different 9mm pistols...no failures.
From the sksboards link I posted above:
NOTE 1: According to Speer/CCI Technical Services - Both the CCI 550 Small Pistol Magnum and CCI 400 Small Rifle primers are identical in size. Both primers use the same cup metal and share the same cup thickness. Both primers use the same primer compound formula and same amount of primer compound. They can be used interchangeably.​

Not personally verified, however

I used to reload 357 Maximum. All of the loading data called for small rifle primers.'

I believe there is a difference in the height of Large Rifle and Large Pistol primers, but not the small ones.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top