JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am trying to find out where I can get the best prices in the Portland area (particularly on the west side) for spices, in particular cayenne pepper.

We have to spike our Chickadee bird seed mix with cayenne pepper to keep the squirrels out of it, but buying it in little packets in the store is outrageously expensive and we go thru a lot of it in our quest to be the #1 enablers of songbird obesity. :s0114:

Is there anyplace in town that you can buy spices in bulk?

Fred Meyer and Winco should both have it.

Most 'gourmet' supermarkets (but not Zupans), and - as far as I've seen - all health food stores.

I'll try Fred Meyer again. I didn't see it in bulk last time I was there, but I'll try again.

Where I grew up in Kansas City, there is a place called Planters Seed Company downtown. They had big bins of spices you could just bag up and buy by the pound and it was much cheaper than the grocery stores. I was wondering if anything like that existed out here.

The places I know of that haven't been mentioned are:
  • Cash and Carry (not bulk necessarily but large quantities)
  • Limbo next to Trader Joe's on 39th and Holgate
  • <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top