JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just got a beautiful new to me rifle.. But where is the best place to get mosin ammo?

Online or portland local is fine by me..

Ammoman seems like it is kind of spendy $200 for 880 rds.

Or if anyone wants to trade some x54r for some x39 we could probably work something out..

-Jon

I should go pick one of those up.... I had one in my hands this morning but didn't feel like shelling out the $4..

maybe I will take a note pad to Barnes and Noble like all those hippies in there.

Almost everyone has a bulk price,usually starts at 2 tins,not much savings but a little.
I live real close to Keiths,i am going to stop by and see what he has and how much $$$.

Gunbroker had some non-corrosive surplus stuff for $6 a box. I have a small stash of that...
You do have to be careful with mosin ammo - a lot of the stuff uses corrosive primers. Gotta pour simple green or ammonia or something like that down the barrel after shooting, or you risk your barrel dissolving. Normal cleaning solvent won't cut it. Hunting ammo is all, to use a technical term, more expensive than a platinum gas can. $50 a box for some nice match grade soft points at Joes.

I was just thinking about ammo cans from ammo man.. Guess I will just buy case for $200

440 rds for plinking and an extra can for SHTF... hen I will have a can of x54r and x39

just expensive is all

Well, i'm not going to wait much longer. If you buy ammo from Century, shipping is only 12.50 for purchases over $75 (or so). Century has some really good milsurp ammo available and i don't want to wait until it's gone. I'll give this a couple more days, then i'm buying on my own.

Oh well that is cheap.. maybe we should just do that..

I was at aloha surplus today and actually bought 10rds at 50 cents apiece to get my total to $15 so I could use my debit card.... no I feel so dirty, what a ripoff!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top