JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those experienced at reloading 300 PRC cartridges, what have you found to be some of the better powders to use? Information is still a bit scanty when it comes to reloading for that round so looking for your real-world experience. And if depends on bullet weight, that more specific info would be helpful as well. No need to reference how many grains of powder you use, just the powders by name. Thanks.

Following along to see what people have to say about this. I used Reloader 15 in the 375 Ruger, but that's probably way too fast for the 300.

I have no direct experience with the cartridge. However my loading experience coupled with what I have read about the cartridge and the bullets it is meant to shoot, I would look towards powders like h1000 and retumbo.

Look around at Long Range Hunting, there you will find load data buried in threads about loading the 300PRC.
That said, given the scarcity of components, I'd look for any of the following:
Retumbo, H1000, IMR 7828, 7977 & 8330, Ramshot LRT, Accurate Magpro, Alliant RL25, RL26, RL33, & 4000-MR, and Vihtavouri N565.
Note, which one you use also affects the bullets you may want to find. For example, IMR 7828 (& 7828-SC variety) for lighter bullets vs 8330 for heavier. YMMV.

Look around at Long Range Hunting, there you will find load data buried in threads about loading the 300PRC.
That said, given the scarcity of components, I'd look for any of the following:
Retumbo, H1000, IMR 7828, 7977 & 8330, Ramshot LRT, Accurate Magpro, Alliant RL25, RL26, RL33, & 4000-MR, and Vihtavouri N565.
Note, which one you use also affects the bullets you may want to find. For example, IMR 7828 (& 7828-SC variety) for lighter bullets vs 8330 for heavier. YMMV.
That's a pretty good list.
I'd add N170

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews