JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wasn't #9 created specifically for the 9mm? Power pistol ALL the way.
No, Accurate No. 9 (I assume that is what you are referring to) is too slow for the small 9mm case. However, Accurate No. 2, No. 5 and No. 7 (No.7 works best with heavier bullets) all work pretty well. Me, I still like Titegroup, around 4.4 gr with a 115 gr JHP Winchester or 115 gr FMJ Winchester bullet in my Glock Model 19.
Accurate No. 9 performs very well in the .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum, just FYI.

>231/HP38 is very versatile. 4.9gn with a 115gn bullet is very good.
Unique is the most versatile, up to cast bullet loads in rifles. 5.0-6.0gn Unique with a 115gn bullet works very well.
For 9x19 specifically, I find Power Pistol is very hard to beat for accuracy and top performance.
N330, Silhouette, and WSF are also very good, but not as good as Power Pistol. 540/HS6 has not been any where near as accurate.
>What loads do you use for 9x19 ?

The loads mentioned. Do you want my loads for all those other powders?
6.0gn of Power Pistol.
Like always, start with the lowest starting load you can find and work up.
Promo=Red Dot

Many IPSC/USPSA shooters (shooting non-compensated pistols) tend to go with the faster burn rate powders for the 'best' felt recoil impulse. IE: Solo 1000, titegroup, N320, ramshot competition, WST, AA#2, etc.

If $ isn't an issue, N320 is my choice by far. It burns clean, cool, and is very accurate and consistent from lot to lot. Titegroup is a good, cheaper alternative but it burns very hot. I use Alliant e3 due to price/performance.

I shoot my handguns indoors only where the lighting is not all it could be so I use powders that don't flash as much as others--N320 N340 HP-38/W231---outdoors I would add Bullseye and HS-6 to the list. While the price of powder is not really an issue in my situation, I like to get the best value for my money--right now that is HP-38 for my smaller powder charges like the 9mm

I shoot my handguns indoors only where the lighting is not all it could be so I use powders that don't flash as much as others--N320 N340 HP-38/W231---outdoors I would add Bullseye and HS-6 to the list. While the price of powder is not really an issue in my situation, I like to get the best value for my money--right now that is HP-38 for my smaller powder charges like the 9mm

N320 is my preferred powder for 9, .40 and .45. When I can't get that I use silhouette and when I can't get that I use AA #5 (but not for .40 - google aa #5 kaboom). They are all soft shooting and clean burning with low flash.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top