JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
(I like my Rohrbaugh R9, but they are pretty spendy.)

and they kick more than my kahr pm40 :D

It would be pretty cool if the two of you would do a joint thread with pics, round counts, personal impressions and any FTF with specific ammo, etc

A 22 or 25 is not even in my vocabulary as a BUG, have read and been related some real lu lu failure to stop stories about both including what happened to the mouse gun shooters after they shot those tiny pills into a few men who were not going to take that as an answer. If you do ever have to use one, aim for the nose

.... lol. One of the job descriptions many years ago, when the world was black and white, was to visit my employer's different locations to 'audit' the on premise firearms.

After clearing (sometimes that was a challenge as the pistols were so uncared for) and inspecting, cleaning and testing of functions (and often unjamming) or a total disposal and replacement, the usual recommendation was if it came to it, hurl the loaded pistol as hard as possible at the intended target. A great distraction for escape and evade or close in and get personal. It was a .32 ACP pistol; the whole audit process was so unforgettable I do not recall the manufacturer.

Needless to say that many possums were grateful for this advice.

Many would agree though, that regardless of the caliber, having any firearm pointed in one's general proximity is an unforgettable experience.

History: Ned Kelly was brought down after police fired repeated rounds to his unprotected legs ...

I remember being told by a credible source at a range that one cop came in to do a newly required qualification shoot some years before and his revolver would not even come out of the holster it was so badly rusted into the leather.. they had to cut the holster open and the gun was barely shootable after a massive breakdown and cleaning project

I carry a PF9 IWB. I bought a pocket holster for it, but it is just too big for me to pocket carry. I have seen several posts of people online who pocket carry it, and I have a friend who pocket carries a Kahr PM9 with similar dimensions.

I can pocket carry an LCP with no problem.

I tried carrying my PM9 wi CT laser in my bathrobe pocket, it's just too heavy for that to be comfortable so I went back to my KT P-3AT.

It would be pretty cool if the two of you would do a joint thread with pics, round counts, personal impressions and any FTF with specific ammo, etc

A 22 or 25 is not even in my vocabulary as a BUG, have read and been related some real lu lu failure to stop stories about both including what happened to the mouse gun shooters after they shot those tiny pills into a few men who were not going to take that as an answer. If you do ever have to use one, aim for the nose

Again, plenty of this already on rohrbaughforum.com. Some can be picky and others eat anything. I use WWB (Winchester white box) for target practice, and either Silvertips or Gold Dots in 115gr for carry. I have several boxes of early Hornady CD with hard primers that have a 20% failure rate and are useless.

Well.. I tell ya.
If you are carrying a 22 you do need to be close to the attacker.Which usually is the case.
Yes my 10mm or my 45ACP or my 357 or my 9mm is superior,but if I have my p22 or my buckmark 22LRs,I guarantee you the threat will stop after the first magazine

A couple 22s to the face will make some gray matter work kind of funny.Or stop the electricity all together
Heck 1 22lr from under the chin would make even the baddest bad a$$ decide if he wants to lay down or not.

With that said,the LCR22 would be a great pocket gun for those that don't like recoil

There's more than enough of those available at rohrbaughforum.com. But, basically it's about at the limit of a jeans-pocketable gun. I even have modified the anti-print panel on my holster to thin it up just a bit.

I used to pocket (all day at work) a Star Firestar M43 9MM

Well.. I tell ya.
If you are carrying a 22 you do need to be close to the attacker.Which usually is the case.
Yes my 10mm or my 45ACP or my 357 or my 9mm is superior,but if I have my p22 or my buckmark 22LRs,I guarantee you the threat will stop after the first magazine

A couple 22s to the face will make some gray matter work kind of funny.Or stop the electricity all together
Heck 1 22lr from under the chin would make even the baddest bad a$$ decide if he wants to lay down or not.

With that said,the LCR22 would be a great pocket gun for those that don't like recoil

What if you face as many as 6 determined attackers as I have?

Again, plenty of this already on rohrbaughforum.com. Some can be picky and others eat anything. I use WWB (Winchester white box) for target practice, and either Silvertips or Gold Dots in 115gr for carry. I have several boxes of early Hornady CD with hard primers that have a 20% failure rate and are useless.

I have an Autauga 32 that has a serious problem with primer ignition. I am going to try handloading for it and also try the Speer Gold dots which are supposed to be the best for it. It's only a possible boot gun/derringer type weapon

I have a Kel-Tec P3AT .380. I wanted a mouse gun for pocket carry, but after a few trips to the range, I gave up on the thing. Nothing really wrong with the gun. If fires when it is supposed to and will eject spent casings well if I remember not to limp wrist.

The problem is that it is just too hard to shoot accurately. It recoils like a vicious little mule and has almost nothing in the way of sights. If I could get close enough to the bad guy to shove the Kel-Tec into his navel and fire, then it might be OK. I'm sure the little Kel-Tec would work fine for a gunfight inside an elevator or phone booth, but for ranges longer than than, forget it. It is just a noise maker at longer distances.

I now use a Ruger SR9c for carry. At least I can hit what I'm aiming at with the Ruger. (Its no pocket gun, though).

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the Ruger LC9. I switched to pocket carry after lugging around a full sized 9mm and I'm glad that I did.
Pros: small enough to fit, can be bought for around $300, goes bang every time, good point of aim/impact aspect.
Cons: magazines aren't as cheap as I'd like, and the trigger is a long pull (which is okay with me, as it's a pocket gun.
I use a Desantis Nemesis holster that I modified slightly to shorten the top and close the gap at the bottom.
I switched after someone at my work asked what kind of gun I was carrying, and I thought that I'd been good about concealment. The LC9 hides nicely in my d'ivoire pants and shorts.

S&W 342PD......5 rounds of .38 Spl +P..........and it weighs just 10.8 oz !!!!!

342PD-3.jpg

Size comparison http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

I have some of the smallest in caliber.

Seecamp 32. Had it almost 20 years, old reliable. You have to be careful with 32ACP ammo length though due to the possibility of rim-lock.

Masterpiece MPA380. Really stings the hand, just what I want. Well made and inexpensive.

Don't have a 9mm, might get a Boberg.

Kahr PM40. Smooth trigger, just a smooth pistol overall. Crimson Trace makes a small laser sight for it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top