JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
from douglas ridge site ; Standard Operating Procedures Long Range (continued) Firearms Allowed - Includes all rifles and black powder firearms below .50 caliber BMG. Individual Disciplines may restrict the firearm type and caliber fired during scheduled matches. Targets - The target lane identifying numbers boards are not targets!

Thanks for all the replies. Much obliged.

I currently shoot at COSSA east of Bend, and it's a really outstanding range (in terms of distances available and the number of bays/ranges). I split my time between Bend and Portland for work, and COSSA has really spoiled me for target shooting.

I'm on a wait list for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmore which should at least lift the range prejudice and prohibition against the .50 BMG, but I'd still like to occasionally shoot the .50 BMG somewhere near Portland.

I'll take a close look at the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. That sounds like my best bet. It may be a drive, but at least it's not a 4 hour drive from Bend to COSSA.

Thanks for all the replies. Much obliged.

I currently shoot at COSSA east of Bend, and it's a really outstanding range (in terms of distances available and the number of bays/ranges). I split my time between Bend and Portland for work, and COSSA has really spoiled me for target shooting.

I'm on a wait list for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmore which should at least lift the range prejudice and prohibition against the .50 BMG, but I'd still like to occasionally shoot the .50 BMG somewhere near Portland.

I'll take a close look at the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. That sounds like my best bet. It may be a drive, but at least it's not a 4 hour drive from Bend to COSSA.

Sounds like they may not allow them:

from douglas ridge site ; Standard Operating Procedures Long Range (continued) Firearms Allowed - Includes all rifles and black powder firearms below .50 caliber BMG. Individual Disciplines may restrict the firearm type and caliber fired during scheduled matches. Targets - The target lane identifying numbers boards are not targets!

I know my range limits the foot pounds of energy and not caliber but a 50bmg will shatter what they allow so that's a no go too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top