JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is no harm listing it here on the appropriate section. It is free and there is a large audience here. I know there are a lot of fans of classic rifles, Winchesters, and classic Winchester on board, myself included. Candidly, if I hadn't literally just bought a new lever-gun, I would be interested.

Beyond that, Gunbroker would be where I'd list one for sale. It isn't free, but it does work well enough.

Cheers.

Not that at all, just feels like the audience is more interested in using guns. I would be happy to sell or trade it here. Look at my feedback!! Just that this is a more Unique piece.

I always consider the C&R listings. What cartridge is it? Pre-1964 or after? (I believe all takedowns are pre 64 but others would know more). Also include evenly lit photos of the receiver, proof stamps, and any cracks in the wood.

Ok. I will post pictures here. Here is what I have been told. It's a 94 takedown, .25-35 short rifle. 20" barrel not 26". Has the original wood, steel butt plate, patina, original blue. I have only taken it down a couple times. I got a value of 1800 to 2500 plus 1000 for the barrel length.

20190104_180245.jpg 20190104_180335.jpg 20190104_180336.jpg 20190104_180313.jpg 20190104_180347.jpg 20190104_180356.jpg

I would search Gunbroker for completed item listings and Simpson Ltd for comparable sales. In your ad you should also mention that factory new ammo is still available for it. Ammoseek.com has price comparisons.

Make sure you take into account the wood has been refinished? you can clearly see in the photos how the metal stands proud of the Wood. This will effect the value. You also need to have the Serial number run to see if it left the factory as a short Rifle. Just because it has a rifle Forestock and butt plate does not mean it left the factory as a Short Rifle.

The guys on the Winchester Collectors forum can help you more. They have helped me with a few of my old Winchesters as well as a couple very rare ones I had dealings with.

ForumWinchester Collector

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads